MIL need advice from officers concerning changing branches

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by shiba, Sep 29, 2006.

1. shiba

shiba Active Member

Here's the deal, I apparently failed my AFAST last semester (never found out the results, only by word of mouth) and I was told that I would not be able to branch aviation without the AFAST. I was also told that I could not transfer to a national guard aviation unit without a passing score on the AFAST. So not, right after i sent in my accessions packet, I get word that i can still transfer to an aviation guard unit. My question is, will there be another time in the future for me to transfer branches? Also would it be to late for me to transfer and get the BNR for the pullback into the aviation branch?

2. MrRyan

MrRyan Gary Johnson 2016 OT Supporter

My recommendation is to go ahead and try and get your accessions packet ammended to get reassigned to Medical Service Corps. Once that is complete, go ahead and assess MSC and once on active duty try to go ahead and get an aviation slot / school assignment. It's hard...but not impossible. It should give you more time to get your score passing on your test. Talk to brackac and our resident Nightstalker.

3. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

Let me add that failing the AFAST is not the end. You can retest once per regulations.

If a qualifying score is not obtained on the first test, one retest is permitted, but not earlier than six months following the initial test date. This is in accordance with the APT Retest Policy.

What was your score? Half of the test is a psych eval, as long as you answer from a military viewpoint you should be good.

4. shiba

shiba Active Member

thats the problem, I dont know. HOnestly i had no chance with that test going it. I had 3 days to study for it and during the entire exam, my PMS was watching comedy central in the same room. Kinda hard to focus with giggling going on in the background. It took them 4 weeks to get around grading the exam and even then it was a different cadre member who did it.

My PMS hated my guts back then btw.

5. brackac

brackac Fuck all of this. OT Supporter

Something sounds fishy here. I would request a copy of your test results.

6. burton564

burton564 New Member

i really don't know much about the commissioned side of aviation. i've been doing this for a few years now and i really don't know how that shit works. resign your commission, and go warrant, then i'll tell you everything you need to know

7. MrRyan

MrRyan Gary Johnson 2016 OT Supporter

another option is to pull your assessions packet and commision one year later and try again.

8. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

First rule of the military: When dealing with your career, never trust what someone says until they have proven their worth.

There will be some regulation written somewhere on your problem. Consult that regulation and always ask for copies of any information that is yours, such as test results.

Noone will care about your career more than you. So why put it in their hands?