Need advice for my sister's wedding v. Another wedding thread

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by ZZex, Jul 24, 2009.

1. ZZex

ZZex New Member

My sis is getting married in a few weeks and I was considering wearing a suit until now. I don't want to wear a suit! I think that's too much really. The Groom and his best mans are just going to wear some linen pants and a white dress shirt. The wedding starts at 5pm and the whole reception last till midnight-ish. The wedding is outdoors while the reception is indoors. I won't have time to go back to change so I just need 1 outfit. Any recommendations?

I was thinking maybe black slacks or khakis and a dress shirt + tie. It's just my sister's wedding :hs:

2. dazed

dazed New Member

it's your sister. wear a suit if you want to.

and the groom should be too :hsd:

wear something like this:

[​IMG]

a nice light, casual suit. khaki is a great color is summer and the outdoors. lose the tie if you think its too much, but i'd def rock the sportcoat.

3. ZZex

ZZex New Member

I'd love to go with that look but I don't want to spend that much money when there's enough expenses tied to the flight there. The groom isn't wearing a suit. They are playing it cool.

4. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

General rule of thumb that I've recently been reading regarding weddings is to dress how the groom is. Don't wear a suit if the groom isn't, you'll look like a doucher.

5. manchild

manchild OT Supporter

If you're really that concerned then ask other people attending the wedding what they're wearing, but if they're just going with pants and a button down I suggest you do the same.

If you want to stand out a bit maybe go with a sand colored linen pants (between a khaki and white) with a pale blue or pastel pink shirt.

6. dazed

dazed New Member

i'd wear a sport coat. you can always take it off, but its your sisters wedding and you might want to wear it for pictures and things.

7. ZZex

ZZex New Member

I think that's my motto for this wedding. He's not wearing a suit, just a sand colored linen pants and a white shirt.

I'll ask around. It's mainly girls who are going compared to guys. It must be a 5:1 ratio for girls to guys.

I'll consider the sports coat you linked. It's a fairly casual wedding on an island. I guess I have to look above average :hs: