Need advice ASAP!

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Japs4eva, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Japs4eva

Japs4eva Guest

I just washed my car and now I think I want to claybar.. do i just claybar and then S100? I dont have any noticable swirls, as my car is 6 months old and is religiously washed and waxed...last wax was ~month ago.. so what's the process?

2. Japs4eva

Japs4eva Guest

ok, so i went to try and claybar.. but i didnt hear any of the "scratching" that i'm supposed to here.. i dunno if i just had too much wax on there previously or something, or my paint is just clean enough that there are basically no contaminants or what.. help ;\

3. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

If there are no embedded paint contaminants, there's no need to use a claybar. But yes, you use the clay first, then S100.

If your car is 6 months old, you should try a light polish like Vanilla Moose, before the S100.

4. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I agree with EMT. No need to clay unless you can feel a 'grittiness' on the paint after washing. You can use a sandwich bag to make sure. Put your hand in the bag, run it over the paint and if you feel or hear anything on the paint, go ahead and clay.

Also, at six months, I would use a light polish or glaze to remove grim that builds up on the paint even though you wax regularly.

5. Japs4eva

Japs4eva Guest

Thanks alot fellas.. :) I tried to clay, but nothing even came up.. it went over smooth as butter, and from what I understand you're supposed to hear the stuff getting pulled out of the paint..anyway, i'm gonna wait til next weekend and wash+polish/glaze+wax :)