Need a web layout

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Slid., Mar 17, 2004.

1. Slid.

Slid. I'm a guy.

A company I just started working for wants a redesign of their website and I'm looking to pay one of you $100 via PayPal for a good layout - ready to go.

I'm paying out of pocket so I can't pay more than one of you, if the layout is good enough for me to present to the "higher-ups" I'll pay the $100.

It's really just a mental block for me right now, they want something in red and black (although a good layout with other colors isn't out of the question) with specific things here and there and I'm just not jiving with it.

If you're interested send me over an email at [email protected].

I'll post some more information tomorrow along with examples - I forgot grab all the stuff I've worked on for the site from work.

If you're confident that you could use a premade template from monstertemplate.com or something and mold it into something pretty original I might be willing to pay the upfront fee of purchasing the template for you - we'd have to discuss it.

Thanks.

2. Astro

Astro Code Monkey

Wow... I'm pretty sure my graphic design guys wouldn't go for that. But maybe someone here enjoys risk and is willing to work for dirt cheap...

At $100, that's about 1 to maybe 2 hours of graphics work - AND you're saying you'll not pay up front but after, "if and only if another person likes the design". It'll be easy to say, "they didn't like the design. Sorry." and then "modify" the poor guys work to make it your own. Maybe you don't work like this, but maybe you do. Designer beware...

3. Woodmaster

Woodmaster New Member

$100 is too cheap... thats not even worth considering. Assuming you have some knowledge of html, css, php..... check out http://www.templatemonster.com prebuilt templates for under $80 for the most part. You do have to know how to use photoshop and know html to customize them but they might help. I doubt anyone on here will work that cheap. Generally our firm designs basic profile websites for approx. $1,500 a piece. Anything dynamic with CMS or more dynamic back end features go as high as $3k-$5k. So check out templatemonster.

4. Slid.

Slid. I'm a guy.

Whoa rough - whenever I've designed websites I'd be getting a paltry $600, figured $100 wouldn't be bad since its not for me, I just don't want to have to deal with the design part.

The paying after the job is done isn't that out of the ordinary, I've never been paid for web work beforehand, you just have to puff up and trudge through.

This isn't something where I'll pay ONLY if we decide to go with it. If I like it then I'll pay you, if they don't like it then its no longer your problem.