need a useful pro-protein powder article

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Thoth, Feb 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thoth

Thoth OT Supporter

in relation to that other recent thread about what your SO/parent/friends think about using supplements, i just had a big argument with my mum about me using powder to supplement protein in my diet. according to her: its all psychological, useless, and apparently when 'she' did weight training 25 years ago, no one took supplements. (btw shes way out of shape/unfit). not only that, but apparently its more expensive to buy a tub of whey than to buy clean foods like chicken/meat :rofl: i even explained that the cost per serving is MUCH less than buying chicken breasts and eggs for every day, but she ignored :ugh:

now, we all know she hasnt got a clue what shes talking about, because we all know whey is pretty much a staple for anyone weight training. if anyone knows of a short, concise and easy-to-read article that documents the merits/uses of whey i can use (since trying to explain is like telling a religious person god doesnt exist) i would be extremely grateful

i dont think im going to bother explaining the merits of no xplod to her though :mamoru: but certainly whey is a proven and reliable product

2. BimmerJustin

BimmerJustin Why would you deny yourself something you want?

http://www.humankinetics.com/eJournalMedia/pdfs/5642.pdf

This article mainly deals with protein absorption rates, and limits on daily protein intake, but they come to the medical conclusion that a high protein diet is the healthiest for maintaining/building lean body mass. Read it, and highlight the good parts, then summarize them to your mother.

3. ralyks

ralyks New Member

It's a lost cause.
    This.

4. Blade

Blade Time to swolercize

she could supplement some protein from my man log. its high in test

5. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

It's easier to find an article supporting the use of protein powder than it is to find your own dick bro

6. Toxicity

Toxicity New Member

Forget it man my family is convinced i am going to die from weight liftin soon, its alright, there is no talking sense into people

7. SVZ

SVZ Guest

why'd you put she in quotations is your mom not a real woman?

8. T-R-T

T-R-T New Member

Just ignore

9. Thoth

Thoth OT Supporter

i was trying to highlight that she believes her limited weight training (read: aerobics classes) 25 years ago has any bearing on how people train for strength and size today.

i buy it, which is why i get annoyed that people interfere. my brother also makes snide comments like "drinking that shit again aye". i usually reply, twice a day isnt too much and leave it there.

i will make sure to ask my mum if shes interested sucking your cock mate :mamoru:

10. TracerBullet

TracerBullet Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.