A&P need a tripod

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Uween, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Uween

Uween New Member

Anyone tell me a good tripod to get for my Canon XSi? I dont need the best thing out there i just want to get one that is priced right and will hold my canon. I have heard that you dont buy cheap tripods....but what is to cheap? 30$, 50$????? any help could be great......

2. Wobistdu

Wobistdu Guest

i have a cheaper tripod that my gf gave me. she had it for years and it works fine. removable piece that screws in to camera, but the legs flex easily and the handles to set everything are a pain in the ass.

i would love to have a $500 tripod, because they are so nice to set up and adjust. i just can't afford it.

you'll get good suggestions from these guys, but how much do you want to spend and how much will you shoot with it?

for me, my cheap tripod works for me just fine. maybe 5% of my shots are on a tripod

3. Dan Martin

Dan Martin OT Supporter

Anything Manfrotto that fits your price range will be fine. You probably want to be in the $100-$150 range minimum though.

4. Keegan

Keegan New Member

055XPROB or whatever the code is, with a 488RC2 is great. They were on sale from BH in December, not sure about now.

5. Uween

Uween New Member

I did want to spend a lot on it, but i know that you get what you pay for......I plan on shooting a lot more i have more time now.....plus i live in the best place in the world for shooting.....i guess spending 100$ on one would not kill me....plus i would like to get a new camera when i get better with the one i have.....

Last edited: Jan 19, 2010
  6. TheManLouisianaFace

TheManLouisianaFace and decide!

Might as well get something good now so you don't waste money. You WILL regret getting a cheapo, and will have to upgrade.

7. Bukka

Bukka Active Member

I've got those legs paired up with a 804RC2 head....Would like a ball head but Now I'm able to adjust the 3 knobs pretty quickly
    Though I hardly ever use my tripod for my camera...It's usually holding a reflector haha

8. AmosBanks

AmosBanks New Member

I just keep a cheap tripod at home and another one in the trunk and they work for me. I got a Gorillapod for Christmas and I think I'll be using that a lot. I like propping up my camera for timer shots and that thing rocks. Just used it yesterday at a pizza parlor on top of the divider between booths.