A&P Need a tripod...

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Waddup you?, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Waddup you?

Waddup you? OT Supporter

Did a search, and I dont think I found any information on tripods on why they were bad ass. just more of a get this because I have it and it rocks.

I know there are ballhead and I think 3 axis tripods. what are the pros and cons to both? I think I read somewhere that those that like 3 zxis trpod mounts/heads dislike ballheads; also those that like ballheads, LOVE that setup. why is each one good?

I won't be lugging my gear around any deserts, forests or any kind of nature environment, but would like something stout, and scalable so I can upgrade to it, vs getting a whole new tripod. I think I'll be using this more in the city, doing touristy shots.

if I had a budget, since this is my first tripod, I guess $250 total. if the weight was an issue, right now I have a d80 with a 24-70mm as my biggest lens. OTAP, school me :o

2. Killyin

Killyin Vicariously I, live while the whole world dies.

Hmmm....

I use a tripod similar to this one...except mine has 3 leg sections and a different tilt/swivel head.

[​IMG]

If I remember correctly...it cost about $159 about 3-4 years ago.

3. Killyin

Killyin Vicariously I, live while the whole world dies.

You don't need anything super fancy at this point in the game. Just get something sturdy...and prefrably with a quick release attachment.

4. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

SLIK 700dx legs and a bogen 486 head.

under 150 shipped and bullet proof.

I use it with my d80 + battery grip + 80-200 2.8 and it's solid as a rock.