GUN Need a new rifle. What would be more fun?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by CString, Dec 7, 2005.

1. CString

CString New Member

Build an AR
    or
    Build a long range rifle around a 10FP or Remington 700

There wouldn't be much point in shooting the long range rifle at a 100yd range like I could the AR, but a friend of mine has 40 acres and we're going to make a range there. I just don't know what I'd get more use out of. I'm leaning towards building a badass long range rifle just because learning how to shoot long range would be fun.

On a side note I just heard about 4 consecutive shots fired about 2 seconds apart outside. I live by the police academy but I doubt they're out shooting while it's snowing with a wind-chill of 14* :noes:

2. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

i prefer long ranger shooting but have never built an Ar nor do i have a range past 100yds, so cant help, but think long range rifles are sexy

3. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I've got a Savage110 and a couple AR's, I have more fun shooting the AR generally, not many local places to do any real long range shooting either. If there were places to do long range stuff local w/o driving forever I'de probably enjoy the long range stuff more.

4. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

Long range skill > *.

500 yard iron sight love. :boink:

5. Bigsnake

Bigsnake OT Supporter

Build a M4gery

6. Zidane

Zidane OT Supporter

get the classic M4A1

7. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I like the M1 SOCOM but I've seen a few posts on other boards with people having problems with the build quality :hsd:

8. eWRXshun

eWRXshun hai

i'm looking at geting a 700 when i get back in town. going to practice until i can outshoot it in its stock form, then i'll build it. jewell trigger, mcmillan stock, schneider barrel, the works. i wanted to build a long range AR on one of the stripped lowers i have but if anything, i'll build a service rifle w/ a white oak upper on it and use the other lower as an M4gery like planned.

9. mrbill

mrbill New Member

get the ar w/a .308 upper and make it your long range gun. then buy a .223 upper and switch out when you want to plink.

10. 70Machwon

70Machwon New Member

personally id want a AR, the range around me only has a 100yd range as the longest, and id have more fun at the 50yd target and 50yd can range then doing long distance.

Thats only if im not hunting with it, if im going to be hunting with the rifle, then id get the long range.

but thats just me

11. kds99

kds99 New Member

Get a shiloh sharps in 45/70 and learn how to hit something at 500 yrds shooting hand loaded black powder rounds Iron sights of course

www.shilohrifle.com

12. Painkiller

Painkiller Sometimes remembering is better than forgetting

Shorty M1s look fuckin gay. :o

13. eWRXshun

eWRXshun hai

socom II looks fucking gay.

originial socom looks sweet.

14. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I know I read it on arfcom, read it today pretty sure it was in gen discussion but Im not a team member i cannt search.. From what I recall guy posted he got 16" M1 SOCOM in Sept. I believe there was a problem with the bolt right off the bat, sends it back, goes to the range with the replacement that one breaks after a few mags, was able to exchange the rifle out with another at gunshop he got it from, first trip to the range with that one after a few mags with that one the front or rear sight came off while he was firing, he returned it to shop and got something else... few other people chimed in to say they had similiar problems and a few other people chimed in they hadn't had any trouble
    :dunno: but it made me think twice about one I may look into a good FAL build

15. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

hey fags im drunk