Need a new helmet, post links bike crew

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by SlickStick, Aug 27, 2006.

1. SlickStick

SlickStick New Member

2. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

3. Chiron

Chiron New Member

They're both good hats. The Exo-700 is one of the best helmets for sheer value of the investment.

I've seen so much technical data on the Shark lids, its amazing. Try one out for us and offer a review.

4. 7960

7960 New Member

5. SlickStick

SlickStick New Member

Shark lids more then I am looking to spend. Exo 700 looks like a solid deal, doubt it will be in any local stores though to try on :dunno:

6. oakie

oakie my ninja.

scorpions are great if you dont mind the visor popping off occassionally.

7. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

I liked alot about the Scorpians, but the material in the lid was really uncomfortable for me. It was just bristly enough that it would catch teh stubble on my face (i get mad 5 o'clock shadow) and was really irritating and uncomfortable.

Personally the Shoei head form gits me better then anything else in all the right places.

Ive heard ALOT of good things about the Shark helmets. Saddly ive never been able to wear one.

8. sofakingraw

sofakingraw New Member

Save your money, get a shoei

9. jtl090179

jtl090179 Oh I get it, yeah. He's the girl, then you're the OT Supporter

i didnt like the way the shoei fit me, ive got a huge head. it didnt seem to come all the way down on the jaw and this is a XXL. so i got an hjc in XL that fits me just right. i like the fit on it.

i also like the fit on the kbc helmets but the dealership where i bought my bike didnt have the one i wanted in my size so i bought the hjc. got it at dealer cost too. 250 helmet for 32.99 :bigthumb:

10. drumbandit

drumbandit New Member

I bought a Shoei X-11 online but there were pressure points around my crown so I tried an Arai RX7 Corsair at a local shop.

I was like holy shit, I could sleep in that thing. My credit card is going to take a hit though.

11. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

What size and color is that X-11?

Also keep in mind...for everyone else out there getting a helmet or thinking about it. Helmet foam packs out. So it should fit snugger then you think it should, as your head, and sweat, and body heat will eventually form itself to your head. If you have pressure points, or areas around your head where the helmet doesnt fit properly, then you should of course, try a different one. If you can feel a gap between your head and helment, go to somthing else. If you have a pressure point that give you a headache, or makes wearing the helmet uncomfortable, switch to somthing else. The best helmet for you is the one that fits your head shape completely, and securly, and comfortably. Reguardless of the name on the front of it.

12. drumbandit

drumbandit New Member

It was a medium anthracite.

13. Scout

Scout OT Supporter

There's nice flat black/charcoal KBC's

14. jtl090179

jtl090179 Oh I get it, yeah. He's the girl, then you're the OT Supporter

:werd:

15. Chiron

Chiron New Member

If you plan to do a lot of riding I'd be leary of KBC.

16. oakie

oakie my ninja.

and why is that?

they fit a lot of heads comfortably. their higher end models have decent ventilation. my best friend has the repsol repli-racer helmet based on the Force-RR design... i've worn it a couple of times and neither of us have had any complaints.

i on the other hand have and will only use OGK. they fit me perfectly.

17. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Now that you are going to be getting an RX-7, are you planning on selling the X-11?

And if so, what kind of condition is the lid in, and how many times have you worn it?

And if you would like, i can see what kind of deal i might be able to score you on a new RX-7. Just let me know what your looking for, and ill ask a friend of mine.

EDIT: Hes the manager at a Motorcycle shop, not some guy out of the back of a van.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2006
  18. machine81

machine81 New Member

Who in Seattle sells OGK? They have a couple helmets that I like and I'd like to go take a look at them. Or do you get them off of the internet?

19. i64X

i64X New Member

20. drumbandit

drumbandit New Member

The store let me return the X-11 back to them. I only wore it for 30 minutes and didn't even touch the sticker on the shield. I bought it for $420 new so if anyone would like one at around this price PM me and I'll give you a coupon code for an online store.

I picked up the RX-7 for 560 at the local shop. They price matched kneedraggers.com so I couldn't pass it up. :)

21. Chiron

Chiron New Member

The model I had didn't hold up too well to two years of constant 24/7 use. The padding ended up breaking down and coming loose-Almost a size and a half larger. The general build of the helmet didn't far well either. The entire front vent assembly has come undone, I could literally take it off of the helmet. THe lower ring has lost its adhesive (common), the upper vents were loose from the shell, and the visor mechanism began to stick.

22. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

Jesus, i hope a reach around comes with that lid.

I just picked up a Silver RX-7 for my nephew in Cali. I got it for him for $220.
    And i got another friend the Shinya Nikano Moon Eyes replica RX-7 for $560.

So im hoping that $560 spent on that RX7 wasnt a solid color, or a standard pattern, cause...damn!

23. drumbandit

drumbandit New Member

No shit! :wtf: I got the aluminum grey. It retails for 610 so I thought I got a decent deal.

24. Chiron

Chiron New Member

Obviously. Yet when you pay for a high end helemt you expect for it to hold up and get your usual 4-5 years worth, the average lifespan for a helmet. For instance. Arai has a 5 year warranty on their craftsmanship. They have the heuvos to back up their product.

25. ChatChai

ChatChai OT Supporter

I love my Scorpion helmet. I have the EXO-700. Ultimately you will want to try it on because it comes down to comfort since safety is similar with every brand nowadays. I went in thinking I wanted a Shoei helmet then quickly realized that it was uncomfortable for me. I found my Scorpion mistakenly last year and began to love it. Now I see them everywhere.

Never had that problem.