Need a new 10" sub, box specs inside

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Jesse_Boyer, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Jesse_Boyer

Jesse_Boyer New Member

Bought a new box for my 99 FRC and it's setup for a 10". I've had a single 12" in my Grand Cherokee and it wasn't bad (Infinity Perfect), but it wasn't too loud. I'm looking for a little more volume out of this setup, but this is a 10. I used my old Rockford 800a2 to push the 12, and that's the same amp I'm going to use to push the new 10 in the vette.

http://www.proboxrocks.com/chevy/corvette.shtml

Can anyone recommend a sub that will be loud and well suited for the amp I'm using? I say "loud" because this car isn't quiet by any means. I'm not really into SQ, so I'd just like to feel a little "thump."

2. denim

denim New Member

ok so a 10" that can take 800+ watts at 4ohms,

do you have a budget?

I personally would say if your not worried about SQ and want decent bump, run the Kicker L7 10", can get very loud for its size, if you want more SQL I would look into the Adire Brahma or Crystal CMP, but my personal favorite would be the Eclipse Aluminum :)

3. Jesse_Boyer

Jesse_Boyer New Member

actually, the box had an aluminum 10" previously mounted. So, I might have to look into that.
    Regarding the 10" SQ vs 10" round, I agree. However, since I have the box cut for a round sub, I think i'll have to stick with that. The decorative "grooves" on the top of the box prevent me from cutting a new hole and stuffing a 10" in. (pictures are below)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I've never heard the eclipse aluminum 10, but I might find one to stuff in.

4. Jesse_Boyer

Jesse_Boyer New Member

how about the titanium eclipse? those are fairly common on ebay, but i don't see any aluminum 10's...

5. Ronin

Ronin Guest

eclipse titanium subs are over rated and over priced.

6. denim

denim New Member

if you can find the Ti used, I think its worth it, yes they are expensive but they have great output, and can take much more power than ratted, but the Aluminum is very nice IMO,

another excellent choice is the Sound Splinter RL-i 10