A&P Need a little help...

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Ricearonie, Oct 6, 2003.

1. Ricearonie

Ricearonie RAWRRRRRRR!!!

I currently own a Canon AE-1 Program with the 50mm 1.8 lens and the problem I'm having is that there is some dust in the lens inbetween the outer and inner lens. Is there anyways possible for me to clean this out myself? I've tried a can of compressed air and that didn't work. Any suggestions would be nice!

2. TypeSDragoon

TypeSDragoon Guest

do you mean that you have dust in between your lens and the filter that screws onto the front of your lens?

3. Ricearonie

Ricearonie RAWRRRRRRR!!!

nope..i mean internal dust...thats actually inside the lens itself b/c i currently don't have a filter on the lens. is there a way to get rid of that myself?

it seems as there's an eyelash inbetween there..will it affect the picture in anway?

4. Joe

Joe 2015 :x: OT Supporter

if it's inside the lens, i'd imagine it's a piece of paint or something rather than an eyelash... duno how it'd get inside...

seriously though, just get another lens.. a 50mm 1.8 runs like 25 bucks in the store, and it;s probably not worth your time to sit there and try and repair something... but if you want, i guess you could try getting a vaccum cleaner, and holding it up to every possible gap in the lens.. (along the edge of the lens, back of the lens, focus ring, etc)