A&P Need a how-to on Kinkos printing

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by dano, May 12, 2008.

1. dano

dano OT Supporter

So now that I've actually got time I want to take some pics to Kinkos to get blown up. They are all pics snapped on my XTi and original quality that I (if this works) will toss onto a CD.

I want a few blown up to poster size, and another I'd like to do a rasterbation. Just browsing Google I found this picture; I'd want my rasterbation to be similar in setup:

[​IMG]

What's the cheapest way to go about all of this? I'm talking mounting, printing, etc. Is it best to have everything mounted on foamcore? If so, should I have them do it or just do it myself? Where can you get the best frames for a good price? I don't want cheapy dollar store frames. I want this to look very professional.

This is all new to me and I don't want to walk in blindly. :o Thanks gang.

2. quid

quid I Piss Excellence OT Supporter

i worked at kinkos a few years back, i can categorically say, none of the computer people are trained at all. they will not know anything about color profiles and it will be expensive.

3. Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute New Member

Don't print at Kinkos. The people there know nothing about photography and probably have no training on color profiles, etc.

4. Laurel

Laurel New Member

Most photography stores do printing. I'd probably go there. :)

5. dano

dano OT Supporter

Alright well sans Kinkos, what's still the best way to mount and frame the stuff?

6. tetsuo

tetsuo And shepherds we shall be...

kinko's would work fine for the rasterbation. i printed a couple out on the laser printer at work on normal copier paper and they turned out ok. :mamoru: i need to try using the color laser thats upstairs one of these days. :o