Need a Diet Plan - I'm sick of this..

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by narcisis, Aug 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. narcisis

narcisis Active Member

Hi guys, I seldom ever even come into this section of the forum but I need abit of help if someone would give a little of thier time.

You see I've been struggling with weight all my life, at my peak I was 350 as a freshman in high school. That sucked.. even more so I was diagnosed with gynecomastia around the age of 13.. I wont even get into the psycological damage that a combination of highschool and gynecomastia left me with, but I joined the football team and I got down to around 225, a healthy 225 - I was perfect with it. However that was 5 years ago and getting into the real working world I've had no time for fitness training. Now I'm back up to around 260, and my gynecomastia isn't exactly helping the situation, that just makes me look bigger than what I am in the first place. Going to the gym is strictly out of the question, gynecomastia has left me scar'd for LIFE due to high school and I simply will not be a mockery of a gym room, I dont need to get into anymore fights - I'm sick of it.

I really don't know anything at all about nutrition but from what common sense tells me you need to use up more calories than you take in to loose weight, cant I do this just buy eating healthy? Also I've heard eating 5 small meals a day to keep your metabolism going is good as well.. however like I said I'm a fish out of water when it comes to health junk, so I wouldn't know.

Eating organic shit is out of the question, I'm sorry, it's just disgusting. I really would like some help so please don't take some kinda.. vegan offense or something. I just find organic food to be rather nasty.

Can anyone help??

CLIFFS: Overweight, need a diet plan and a basic understanding of "healthy food" so I can better myself.

2. valvefloat

valvefloat OT Supporter

I have been on atkins and I am pretty sure I have gynecomastia. I started at 285 like 6 weeks ago, and I think I am around 265 now. I have only really been dieting for about 2 weeks, so I probably lost all my weight for the past 2 weeks.

3. valvefloat

valvefloat OT Supporter

12% body fat? what are you talking about, I am confused

Oh the gynecomastia.:squint:

So what I have moobs right now. I don't let it bother me while at the gym, if you stare, ill put my foot in your ass.

4. valvefloat

valvefloat OT Supporter

Thats what I do, when I masterbate, turns me on

5. grampositivecocci

grampositivecocci New Member

whoa :ugh:

that organic crap, jeeze, too natural, disgusting

6. valvefloat

valvefloat OT Supporter

might want to look into that Mc Donalds diet too.

7. grampositivecocci

grampositivecocci New Member

weightloss is about eating less than your body requires to maintain weight....

eat around 2000 calories a day, then if you don't lose anything, eat less.....

8. narcisis

narcisis Active Member

Shouldn't you eat meals throughout the day to keep your metabolism up?

9. Phineas Q Stork

Phineas Q Stork Active Member

Eat smaller meals w/ foods that will fill you up more. Veggies in every meal is an easy way to do that, plus they are good for you.

10. 05s4

05s4 Active Member

i had gynecomastia, dropped out of HS because of it and went to homeschooling, it ruined my life for a while, then i confronted my family, they paid for the surgery and i have felt amazing since

11. valvefloat

valvefloat OT Supporter

pics? just wondering I want to compare to myself,

your weight and height?

12. brettD

brettD New Member

you dont seem lie you dont want to loose weight if you dont wanna go to the gym, people dont make fun of you for going to the gym , and if they be like. we'll jakcass what do you think im ta the gym for? seriously its stupid the only way you ever really gonna loose weight is at the gym. yea diets help but your body will still be all fat

13. valvefloat

valvefloat OT Supporter

soem guys have it bad though, like their chest really look like womens breasts.

14. armond

armond New Member

Losing weight starts with your diet and doing some exercise.

There are plenty of foods that taste great and are healthy!

Like that pizza I made on another thread in this forum. Also you can eat chicken breasts, tuna, ground turkey meat, salads, almonds, wheat bread(with natty peanut butter and a little splenda!), yogurt, 2% milk, etc...

You have to try different things to find what you like and don't like. You were in football once, you know a little about routines. you have to make time to workout. 45 minutes a day is pretty nice, and then another 30 to clean up and whatnot. Drink a protein shake after exercising(about 30 mins after so you don't puke) and get yourself motivated.

You have to want it!

15. brettD

brettD New Member

but if he has that disease they will always be there

would you mind postingt some pics of yourself?

i eat alot of chicken,turkey,tuna, lean steak, sometimes those lean pocket things but they def dont fill me
    lots and lots of water
    snacks - trail mix, almonds, carrots, peppers, beef jerkey, granola bars,

wheat bread wheat wraps, they started making these whole gran pankaes there pretty good and healthy
    thats all i can think of rogh now ill get more though :eek3:

16. valvefloat

valvefloat OT Supporter

umm I don't know if I want to post a picture of myself, I might, but not with my shirt off. I don't think I would be able to do that.

17. CarbonSeven

CarbonSeven Active Member

Cover up the face..... use this thread as your motivation tool and in 6 months update pics :)

18. ralyks

ralyks New Member

A good portion of this form has/had gyno, I can imagine yours would be worse because of HOW overweight you were but most people can sympathize. If you're serious about losing this weight you'll want before pictures with your shirt off, so take them even if you won't post them up.

Get a gym membership, you don't have to change at the change room and even if you do this isn't highschool, nobody will care. The gym will be your best friend for losing weight. Diet-wise, google things like "complex carbs" "RDA" "healthy fats" "weight loss" and read as much as you can.

19. valvefloat

valvefloat OT Supporter

I have a log, its called stephen get his fat in shape or something like that. I am on the atkins and its working fine for me. I really have not been craving anything because I know I have to do this because I really don't want any health complications this early or even late rin life.

20. Maverik60

Maverik60 New Member

how do u kno if ur gonna get gyno?

21. valvefloat

valvefloat OT Supporter

prevention = rubbing your balls every day

22. Maverik60

Maverik60 New Member

beat u to it then. no gyno for me does itching help? only itch when the pubes start growin back

23. WPInerd

WPInerd New Member

well first of all, get rid of all the junk food you have in your house. just get rid of it, buy alot of fruit, veggies, FISH and chicken. Limit your carb intake. I would suggest for you to start grilling foods like fish and chicken on a dialy basis. go to www.fitday.com and log what you eat. You have to first start by making goals. Try to eat 10 times the calories of your bodyweight and then slowly adjust. so for example if you weight 200 lbs you will have to eat around 2000 calories a day, as you lose weight you are gonna have to adjust the calorie intake to fit your bodyweight. Get some exercise, walking running anything...

if you need more help keep posting in this forum, everyone is usuallly very helpful

good luck man and keep us posted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.