Need a basic workout plan

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by teenfucker, May 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teenfucker

teenfucker Guest

25 years old, 5'11, 185lbs.

I have been really inactive for about 5 years and it started to catch up to me about a year ago.

So far I've done some jogging, cut back on a lot of unhealthy food, and some minor weight lifting.

My legs are pretty much fine, especially since I've been jogging, my overall build isn't bad, but I have a bit of a belly and my arms are way too fucking skinny.

I just want to lose the weight on my stomach, and build my arms a bit, because they are too skinny. I don't want to get ripped or huge.

My jogging, weight lifting, and eating right now is pretty random, want to know if there are certain foods, or routines I can focus on that will help me get results quicker - oh and also if there are any protein shakes/pills/supplements or whatever it is that people take that I should take...

2. Perkwunos

Perkwunos Dog Bones OT Supporter

stickies

3. Lukkie

Lukkie OT Supporter

make sure you dont lift TOO hard cause you dont want to get ripped or huge.

4. PreemO

PreemO OT Supporter

also lay off or lessen the jogging. you don't want your legs to be disproportionately bigger than your upper body

5. phyphoestilic

phyphoestilic New Member

true. I've seen this happen. Its not pretty

6. Tumbles

Tumbles New Member

i dont get why people think you will wake up one morning and be like SHIT IM TOO RIPPED AND HUGE

just an excuse not to work hard...

7. teenfucker

teenfucker Guest

Figured there might be different ways to achieve different goals :hsughno:

8. Tumbles

Tumbles New Member

you either work hard and get results..... or you don't

9. J

J Active Member

what do you mean by "random"? read the stickies. figure out a daily routine that works for you and stick to it, especially your diet. read the stickies again.

10. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

If you worked out as hard as you can for 3 years, you might start to looked ripped. The stickies are the place to be.

11. Perkwunos

Perkwunos Dog Bones OT Supporter

not really, you can get strong/jacked/ripped most easily doing pretty much what is in pur's routine.

12. Ep

Ep Guest

not being a pedophile helps:wiggle:

Try doing Pur's routine in the stickies, it's a pretty basic solid routine. Just add dead lifts to back day. If you want a protein shake, I'd probably go for something simple and not beefed up with a bunch of shit you don't really need. Fish oil capsules are pretty much a good choice for anyone even if they aren't working out.. Creatine is something to look into as well. It'll put on some weight and allow you to lift a little more. Don't eat junk food. Try to eat a lot of meat like chicken and steak, lots of tuna fish, whole wheat pasta. Lots of vegetables and a fruit or so everyday. Multivitamin if you don't feel you get enough vegetables in your diet.

Jogging is decent but you might wanna try something like an Elliptical at your gym instead. Other than that, hit the gym consistently, eat consistently, and sleep consistently

13. Ep

Ep Guest

QFT. You can either go full force or ease yourself into. Either way, you'll either bitch out and not go anywhere or work hard and get the results you want

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.