Neck strains while working out... :wtc:

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by symptic, May 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. symptic

symptic I run companies

So yesterdya and today, I went to work out, but soon into it my neck feels really strained (with pain) and I get a little lightheaded, so I stop when this happens. Yesterday I was doing leg extensions and was :wtf:ing when it happened. And today, I was doing bench and it happened again.

yesterday was 10x worse though, I was buckled over holding my neck in pain for a good while. Today I recognized it and stopped before that happened.

Also, lately, my neck has been pretty tense and I've been popping it more than I probably should. I quit soccer in December and just started getting back into shape recently. :hs:

Anyone know what the issue might be?

2. Gutrat

Gutrat "GET DOWN..."

I think you answered your own question: it's probably a strain.
    I had this problem -- a while back -- whenever I lifted anything it would strain my neck, and give me an instant headache.

3. call me mick

call me mick New Member

were you looking at yourself in the mirror while lifting?

4. symptic

symptic I run companies

I'm hoping so. :hs: This sudden motivation isn't getting used! :madfawk:

Nope, nope, and nope. Odd thing is, it's fine when I do pushups and whatnot, it's just on apparatus, form what I've experienced.

I'll wait it out and just do lots and lots of pushups. :hs:

Nope. :hsd:

5. Hoodoo

Hoodoo Well-Known Member

I had this problem when I was using machines, then I switched to free weights and I was fine for the most part. Mostly happend when I couldn't get a weight up and resorted to poor form to get it there.

6. DoublasM2

DoublasM2 New Member

i do neck rolls before i do any benching or deadlifting. you just do that exercise they teach you when you are 5, trying to touch your ear to your shoulder, stretching your neck back and foward a few times and it will loosen it up. When i did get strained, moving my neck around slowly did ease the pain and did help me recover quicker than when i just left it alone :hs:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.