NEC ND-2500A and iTunes?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by tempus, Apr 1, 2004.

1. tempus

tempus Going quietly insane. OT Supporter

Who doesn't love a cheap DVD burner? I asked this question in a different thread, but didn't get a response, so figured I'd create a new one -- anyone have difficulties with the NEC ND-2500A and iTunes, with respect to burning CDs? Actually, has anyone with any DVD burner had success? Just curious if this is a general problem or a brand problem.

2. crotchfruit

crotchfruit Guest

i have a NEC-1300, and i can burn anything just fine (data, dvd, cd, etc.) might want to upgrade to the latest firmware.

3. crotchfruit

crotchfruit Guest

4. Up All Night

Up All Night I might sleep all day

I have an NEC- ND1100 DVD+RW burner, and it works fine w/ Itunes

5. Is there some great advantage in using iTunes to burn cdrs? I have not burned music cdrs in several years. Just curious if it has superior capabilties over other applications.

6. Up All Night

Up All Night I might sleep all day

Its easy to make mixes because of the sorting capabilities. Itunes allows you to rate files and keeps track of playcount. You can make smart playlists according to your specifications.

Example: I make a smart playlist with a length of 15 songs, with a rating of 4 or greater (rating is out of 5) that are of the genre rock. Playlist is instantly created and its a one click operation to burn to a cd

7. tempus

tempus Going quietly insane. OT Supporter

I think it's also the only way to burn songs purchased from iTunes, because of Apple's DRM.

8. Never quite saw it that way, though I have been using iTunes for a while now. I really like iTunes as well, just haven't used their burning feature. I like their normalizer; completely passive and effortlessly.

9. HipHopHead

HipHopHead Well-Known Member

I have the 2500 and have had no coasters yet in about 20 DVD's I have burnt. Never used iTunes though. I use Nero 6.