GUN Nearly flawless run IPSC vid

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by AB13, Oct 12, 2007.

1. AB13

AB13 New Member

2. Keesh

Keesh New Member

Man, Texas stars look pretty hard. Mad props to that guy.

3. GTslow88

GTslow88 Guest

looks fun, and horribly hard too.

4. sprite

sprite Active Member

Best I've ever done is 7 shots on a 5 plate star. Worst I've ever done is probably 3 magazines on a 5 plate star.

5. AB13

AB13 New Member

they can be absolutely dreadful. Especially when you're shooting against the clock. You have to shoot it in a certain order or the plates swing so fast you'll be lucky to hit them. He obviously knew how to shoot them by starting at the top. Otherwise it's too fucking fast to hit.

6. Platinum_Thunder

Platinum_Thunder Reliability for life and liberty

Yeah those stars can burn in hell.

7. sprite

sprite Active Member

No way in hell I can transition fast enough to shoot them like the guy in the video.

The guy who shoots them best at our club says he starts with whichever plate is nearest the vertical center line, regardless of whether it is top or bottom... since dropping that plate will have the least effect on the balance. The he transitions to the next plate to drop it, and waits for the rest to come to his POA.

I try that method but by the time the 4th or 5th plate is coming my shots aren't keeping pace with the rotation, and I end up chasing to get the last one or two.

8. AB13

AB13 New Member

I ran a COF at a local match the other week that had 2 Texas stars, but more paper targets that required you to run from one side to another and utilizing a stock G17 in Production utilizing my stock notch sights, and shot it in 53 seconds. Which was the fastest in my squad.

not to knock him, but he did shoot it with a open gun that had laser optics. It's considerably easier with a dot.
    But that's still amazing transition. Stages like this that makes me want to shoot in Open class.