Ne 1 in the game devoloping industry?..

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by SuperMan91, May 10, 2008.

1. SuperMan91

SuperMan91 New Member

Well if you are.. Whats the best place to start? Besides learning C++ cuz im workin on that now... (fixing my own errors now, for the other ppl in my other thread).. I mean, like give me steps. Such as learn this, then work with that, etc?.... Really curious and wanna learn ASAP b4 i grad highschool.

2. Sexual Vanilla

Sexual Vanilla New Member

Contact game developers if you have any local and ask them about internships...doesn't matter what you'd be doing, you just need your foot in the door.

3. pirothezero

pirothezero New Member

OP where do you live ?

4. trouphaz

trouphaz New Member

my first recommendation is to put more effort into your programming. if this is something that you are really interested in, don't just rely on someone else to fix your mistakes.

5. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Just so you're aware, you will get the shit beaten out of you working for a game company, and you'll be expected to like it and ask for more.

The game industry is flatlining right now; nobody's had any new ideas in a long time, so there's not a lot of room for growth. (Yeah, they sell more copies of games now, but that doesn't require more employees.)

6. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

You stupid shitbag, games make more than movies now. The entire industry is exploding. Seriously, you have no idea wtf you're talking about.

Most game companies are great places to work, provided you love games.

7. Peyomp

Peyomp New Member

Be a C++ graphical programming object oriented bad ass. Make your own little games. Major in computer science and go to a great school. Excel there.