MIL Navy OCS and physical requirements

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by midnite, Apr 7, 2008.

1. midnite

midnite OT Supporter

I graduated in December and am thinking of going Navy OCS as I always have had that in the back of my mind but now i really think it is something I want to do, plus my Dad did the same thing 30 years ago and it has really been a great impact on our lives. Anyways after 5 years of too much beer and not enough exercise I am overweight and wondering if I need to be in the navy requirement shape before I apply for OCS or if I can apply now, work out until I am accepted into the program and If i am still overweight when OCS starts do I just need to be in shape by the time OCS ends? I graduated with a BA in Economics and a minor in Business so I was thinking of doing some sort of supply or logistics as I have a big interest in that. About how long does it take from submitting an OCS application to the actual beginning of OCS?

thanks!

2. midnite

midnite OT Supporter

i figured it wouldnt be a good idea to report to OCS overweight, just thought i would ask. Is 8 months typical? that should give me enough time to get in shape. I guess I shall go down to my local recruiter one of these days. thanks!

3. midnite

midnite OT Supporter

good idea. Im sure there are plenty in navytown san diego :mamoru: