MIL Navy guys - walking on steel deck all day

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by wrwarwick, Aug 29, 2009.

1. wrwarwick

wrwarwick OT Supporter

Im not military, but I work doing installs on ships and subs. Ive noticed, especially lately as I have had installs back to back for the last 2 months, that I am feeling sore all over my legs/hips. I assume its from having to wear steel toes and going up and down ladders and across steel decks all day. Just wondering if you guys have any tricks to combat this, shoe inserts or stretches etc...

2. Priest Tango

Priest Tango Custom User Tits

drink more water

3. endemicW

endemicW fffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu OT Supporter

and motrin

4. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

are you gellin?

5. G_Ranger

G_Ranger New Member

I am not Navy, im Army and im in medicine and i can tell you this much...your problem is probably not going to go away until you can rest. I would recommend going to the gym and doing more leg excersizes and stretches. I deduct from your post that you probably werent doing a whole lot of physical labor before you began those installations. You have to work yourself up to higher levels of physical activity...when you bite off more than your body can chew, it tells you with aches and pains.

In the meantime i would do just as the previous 2 posts state...NSAIDS such as Ibuprofen (motrin) 800 mg three times a day and increase water intake to help the medication work. Also try elevating your legs 15-20 mins before going to bed...should help reduce inflammation. Be sure you take the medication even when there is no pain, consistency is what makes it work well. Good luck.