MIL Navy crew, assemble

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by mrduke, Jan 26, 2009.

1. mrduke

mrduke OT Supporter

all the other guys have had multi page threads that i can only understand about half of, so we should have our own filled with complaints and humorous observations. my fucking squadron is pissing me off lately, i think i've stood 9 or 10 watches since 28dec. they called and woke me up this morning and i went and sat at the barracks for 8 hours :hsugh: on the bright side i'm heading out to sea soon :mamoru:

2. Julius

Julius Guest

sounds a lot like the army, except we go to beaches without seas etc

3. Jyokker

Jyokker The trouser snake is very aggressive. It will corn

Ooooooohh I have one... scuttlebutt.

4. PlutoBHG

PlutoBHG New Member

airdale navy different than real navy different than seabee navy different than blah

5. mrduke

mrduke OT Supporter

brown shoe navy > *

:h5:

6. mrduke

mrduke OT Supporter

Please don't spit in the scuttlebutt.

7. widds2v

widds2v Active Member

we're in sra and it is insanity... 0500 liberty expires ftw :( im the only IT here that does shit and we are getting basically a whole new network and a slew of other things. then they want the network on the ship extended to the berthing barge which is too far away for a cat5 run so i have the most ghetto setup in the world going over there, surprised it runs at all.

oh and we fucking run GQ's at 0530 since contractors dont start working that early. HELLO WHY NOT COME IN LATER THEN? fuck.. few more months and ill be done with my retarded 5 year sea duty stint.

8. mrduke

mrduke OT Supporter

i'm flying to san diego today :wavey:

that berthing barge doesn't look fun at ALL. when we came off deployment the nimitz (if i recall correctly) had one sitting next to it and all i could think was no thanks. i haven't participated in GQ in a while and our boat's skipper is cool with GQ sleepers, so i shouldn't have to play this time either :x:

9. widds2v

widds2v Active Member

ya barge suck, thank god I live out in town. back on my first SRA when I was a little E2, it was pretty fun the first few days since it was new, but now it just as run down as the ship.

I sleep most of our GQ's... just a phone talker for a BDS, not an important job during a drill at all!

Oh and fuck san diego police. it's like they know there are a bunch of ships in the yard and make it known they are making a shit load of $$ off us here at the BAE shipyard. they are writing tickets left and right... towing cars daily, etc. I got a parking ticket for being like 3 feet into a red line zone, but the paint was so faded you had to stare at it for like 5min to realize it was painted that far up.

faggots :(

10. mrduke

mrduke OT Supporter

the navy $$ train is here! fucking weak. i'm only there for a night though and no POV so i should be good.

there's a repair locker right outside my shop that i had to walk through on my way to the flight deck (supporting flight schedule = exempt) and those fuckers were always napping with their gear on. we always had to kick these 2 dudes out of our berthing too, who the fuck goes into a random berthing to skate off GQ and has a loud conversation in the dark? :hsugh:

11. mrduke

mrduke OT Supporter

alright then, getting underway soon. see ya :wavey:

12. Zourn

Zourn 16-bit Ninja OT Supporter

OMG HAI, WTF is GQ?
    <3's Subforce

13. FapFap

FapFap New Member

I've had watch the last 7 duty days and have watch both days this weekend. In fact I'm on fl/hb watch right now. Balls to 8 sucks! 5 airmen in my duty section are TAD so it leaves us with only 1 super each watch day