NavHelper......kgjsjgdsklgjsgjjkjgmvs

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by VoOdOoVyPeR, Apr 29, 2005.

1. VoOdOoVyPeR

VoOdOoVyPeR New Member

this damn registry key wont go away. its an adware/spyware file. its disguised to be "Norton Anti-Virus Helper", hence the acronym "Nav".

i have panda titanium antivirus, and every half hour or so i get "Unknown Threat Deleted" or something, and the location of the file is "SysRegistry/NavHelper"
    i have manually deleted this, file and key, numerous times. and i can sit there and watch it reappear before my eyes.

can anybody help me get rid of this annoyance?

2. VoOdOoVyPeR

VoOdOoVyPeR New Member

also, would it work if i deleted it in safe mode?? i mean, even when i wasnt connected to the internet, it still reappear after deleting it.

3. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

Download AdAware, spybot search and Destroy, or the Microsoft Anti-Spyware software (google them to find them). There is probably program running that is part of the spyware that keeps putting it back. You need a tool designed to remove both.

4. VoOdOoVyPeR

VoOdOoVyPeR New Member

hmm, i have adaware. it did find it, it did the same thing. the only thing that aggrivates me tho is when i run panda antivirus system scan, it scans the registry first, and when it gets to that file, you know it. the scan will just freeze. ive left it running for like 8-10 hours when i was at work and it never got past that 521st file.

out of those programs you listed, which is the one that would have the "tool designed to remove both"

5. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

All should remove both. Try different ones, or check if AdAware has a specific remover for that program.

edit: Make sure you update Adaware before scanning too.

6. ledzep73

ledzep73 New Member

Do you have Ares? It comes with Ares.