GUN Naverrette speaks out against Border Patrol agents.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Small Block LSX, Feb 12, 2007.

1. Small Block LSX

Small Block LSX BMW | N54 | LSX | Gun | PS3 | Parent | Night CREW

This just pisses me off!

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/02/12/navarrette/index.html

-------------------------------------------

Why should our government grant amnesty for people who are illegally in our country and sucking are public funding dry?

Funny how he left out the fact that the agents were working at night. And, the suspect reached in his pocket for a shiny object. They felt threatened and were engaging illegal and potentially hostile activity.

The van was actually 2 miles North of the American border, thus in our country illegally.

Wow, trying to RUN to Mexico, eh? Wouldn't this suggest he was already in the United States and breaking the law? I love how his commentary states that the Mexican was an "unarmed civilian" yet he happens to be smuggling 700 pounds of drugs into our country.

I agree with him here. The agents should have reported the issue and they have since shown guilt for this failure to file a report.

Funny how nobody else reports on this "new information". Is Navarrette a bit bias because he is a Mexican-American?

There is plenty of reason for a pardon. The Border Patrol agents were doing their jobs. They were trying to detain an illegal alien who had loads of marijuana and they believed he was also armed and dangerous.

Duh.

It's obvious that the illegals in prison will beat the shit out of the agents if they get locked up with the "others".

This guy is absolutely retarded. :rofl:

Mmmk. So, the illegal drug running Mexican should get off scott free because he was unarmed? Do you think he knows the risks of running drugs into a country where he is illegal? Do you think he should expect to be engaged by Border Patrol agents or US Forces protecting the border?

This is absolutely rediculous. This is no different than when a cop shoots a civilian who pulls out objects that appear to be a weapon. Law Enforcement agents act on instint and their training. There is no reason for them to be put in prison for 12 years for doing their jobs.

:greddy:

2. Alphaeus

Alphaeus New Member

So they shot some mexicans and covered it up afterward? Why should they be pardoned again? They should have reported it if they didn't want to go to prison.

3. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

Actually, because of our government's weakness of late regarding the illegal immegration/drug and people smuggling issues, he actually expected the U.S. government to be on his side. Which is exactly what happened.

As far as the BP agents, they clearly are dumb shits for trying to cover it up. Had they not done that, the outcome "may" have been different.

4. Small Block LSX

I agree with you there. They already admitted that they tried to cover it up. However, that doesn't make them guilty of attempted murder. It makes them guilty of not following procedures and they should lose their jobs, ... not go to prison.

5. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

They will get pardoned.

6. Wave

Wave Carlos Spicy Weiner

They didn't put the wrong cover sheet on their TPS reports... They shot 2 guys. Sure, the guys were slime, but that doesn't really matter. Covering it up means implies that they knew they did something wrong.

And the "he pulled something shiny out of his pocket" defence is pretty weak. It MIGHT of happened, it might not of.

I don't know if they should get murder, but I don't think a pink slip quite gets it done either.

7. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

Not even that... they completely disobeyed Lumberg's orders, they didn't even PUT a cover sheet on their TPS reports. Bastards.
    And they got the memo too, you just know it.

8. Alphaeus

Alphaeus New Member

That Lumberg us such an asshole.

9. Small Block LSX

So, if you were patrolling the border and a van full of drugs was in your country you wouldn't be extremely suspicious or nervous? Now, throw in the fact that it was at night and visibility was extremely poor. Don't must drug dealers carry weapons?

I don't blame them one bit. I also know that one border agent has been serving for 12 years without a single incident on his record. If the Mexican is breaking the law he should assume that there could possibly be terrible consequences for his actions.

10. Alphaeus

Alphaeus New Member

Nobody is saying they were wrong for shooting, but they can't expect them to be treated like they were innocent when they picked up their casings and covered it up.

11. mattsb2000

mattsb2000 OT Supporter

There is alot more to this story than you are being fed by cnn and the ny times.

12. Anders 7

Anders 7 I aim to misbehave OT Supporter

With Americas PC bullshit and bullshit ass covering Departmental Policy Regulations I might try to cover it up as well.