TAT Navel Piercing (*noob alert*)

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by coma, Jul 30, 2004.

1. coma

coma New Member

I'm a crazy 46 yr old guy and I am obsessed with getting a navel piercing and finding this forum is quite fortitious:bowdown: ...Anyway, I would like some pics (or a link)so I can see some samples of jewelry but I do know that I want a hoop and not a barbell. Now on to the questions: Do they use a punch type of tool or do they use a needle? I would think that a punch would be more tolerable. Now for a laughable question, Would getting drunk be advisable? When I'm drunk you could slice me in half and I wouldn't feel any pain, but I assume no reputable piercer would go near a drunk, correct? However, there's an 18 yr old guy at work who is into piercing (he has one of those kits) and he probably would do me while drunk but I'm not sure I want him to touch me.:ugh:

2. HPS

HPS I'm not fat, I'm poofy... :fawk:

A few basics...

Get quality jewelry. Surgical steel. Buy it from a piercing/tat shop.

NEVER use a gun. Guns should honestly be illegal. Trust me, anyone into the scene will tell you the same.

NEVER NEVER NEVER get a piercing or tat drunk, or with any drinks at all. It thins the blood and can cause you to bleed a LOT.

Go to a shop. No question. Never let a friend do it. Go to a professional. Ask around for a reputable shop in your area... Research is GOOD!

It doesn't matter how small the piercing, there is a big difference between right and wrong, good and bad. Always get someone with REAL experience, good tools, good jewelry and good signs. By signs I mean, they ask questions about what you want, how you want it, placement, jewelry, how long you have thought about doing it (more for tats). And they explain EXACTLY/In FULL what they will be doing start to finnish, and all the care methods for after. All these things are important, and if someone says one of them isn't, don't go to them, cuz thats a really bad sign...

Hope it helps man... :wavey:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2004
  3. phigity

phigity New Member

listen to what he's telling you

4. coma

coma New Member

It does! And there are some points I hadn't even considered such as the blood-thinning aspects of alcohol and I now realize I shouldn't trust my "friend" but rather go to a shop. Now I just need to go out and do it...

5. E46

E46 No comment

for real!!!

6. HPS

HPS I'm not fat, I'm poofy... :fawk:

:bigthumb:

7. Two toys

Two toys New Member

by navel you mean bellybutton (dumb question i know but I really lost my mind just now.. and dont generally hear of guys getting it pierced)? they use a needle .. as digredi said go to a legitimate shop and never get it while drunk.. good luck hope you enjoy it

8. ThinkTANK

ThinkTANK New Member

(.... and dont generally hear of guys getting it pierced)

9. phigity

phigity New Member

i've thought about getting mine done at one time. i didn't want anything else in my ears or face and thats the only thing i don't have. sometime different that most people have.

10. snapstylez

snapstylez Aleinn Á Ný

i have never heard of males getting their belly buttons pierced :o

11. phigity

phigity New Member

lenny kravitz has his done if i wasn't mistaken

12. coma

coma New Member

I meant somewhere in the area that surronds the bb. I would think that piercing the bb itself would be exceptionally painful.

13. ThinkTANK

ThinkTANK New Member

as well boy george, george michael, and that guy on will and grace.

14. phigity

phigity New Member

lmfao. don't be sterotypical. go back to OT is your going to be that way.

15. sessyducky

sessyducky Guest

my ex bf has his done at one point and time... he had taken it out by the time i got to him tho... :dunno:

16. videogrl

videogrl Guest

Yeah deffinetly listen to digredi. Drinking is one of the biggest no no's when getting pierced or inked. For jewerly once you get it pierced you will not be able to change for about 4 to 6 months if i am not mistaken. Oh and idone is your friend. And be sure to listen to everything they say when taking care of it. The belly button can get infected easy. Start out w/ a hoop that gets caught less on clothing then you can change to all kind of neat things. A hoop is also easy and cheap you can just change the color of the beads and it looks like a new ring. Good luck w/ your ring.

17. hmm a belly piercing on a guy.. dont know what to say...

18. Elfling

Elfling New Member

I know several guys with navel piercings. I think it looks pretty spiffy :)
    Regardless..get your mods for yourself and what you like.