TAT Nautical Star above ankle...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by SugarBear, Aug 18, 2004.

1. SugarBear

SugarBear New Member

Wondering what people thought of guys getting something like a Nautical Star tatt. above their ankle. Seem to feminem? I was thinking about getting green and black Nautical Star above my lower left ankle... I told some of my guy friends about it and they said it was too girly??? Just wondering what you all thought? Girls do u like the idea?

2. HPS

HPS I'm not fat, I'm poofy... :fawk:

Never base a tat on your friends. If you like it, do it. Period.
    On a side note, I think it's a cool idea... :bigthumb:

3. phigity

phigity New Member

do what you like and not what others think is cool. i like the idea.

4. fearandloathinginGA

fearandloathinginGA I love the little tacos. I love them good!

If you base your tattoo on what your friends think then you do not need one.Do it for yourself and nobody else.Fuck what everyone else thinks.I think it would be cool.Never really seen a nautical star but why not:bigthumb:

5. HPS

My own version. Usually there wouldn't be a circle in the middle... :wavey:

6. Special

Special I have nipples, can you milk me?

[VENT] to be honest guys, i'm kinda tired of people saying "don't do what others tell you" when they specifically ask for others' opinions. I do realize that a thing like this is permanent and should be something you like, but honestly, if one asks for an opinion, do they need to be reminded by 15 people in the thread that "it's your decision, nobody elses." Sorry if i offended. Just needed to get that out. [/VENT]

as for the tat, i think those stars are awesome. and no, the ankle doesn't seem feminine to me. :bigthumb:

7. Two toys

Two toys New Member

i feel the same way.. i asked if anyone had ideas a while back and most everyone said its your body do what you like or go to an artist and have them draw something.. all i wasnted was to see if anyone had any fucking ideas.. it gets fucken old hearing that shit especially when someone asks for opinons!

8. brew

brew Guest

If it were me, I would get it wrapping around the back of the ankle/calf area, but that's just me. You'll know whether you want it or not, just do it for yourself, not anyone else.

Sometimes your friends have good ideas, sometimes not. I was going to get a pair of N. stars on the front of my shoulders, well my friend said "You should get them there" at the tops of my nec muscles on my shoulders. Well at first, I was like, hmmmm no, but then it grew on me and that's where I ended up getting them.

9. Two toys

Two toys New Member

this is not a place to talk crap about other peoples body mods, comment that you dont like it but its not your body so who gives a fuck.. go back to the Initiation forum you little shit.

10. Sieg

Sieg ★★Major League Door Kicker★★

Grow up. Who cares if other people have the tattoo, as long as he likes it.If noone got it because they liked it, then it never would have become popular.

In conclusion: :fawk:

11. HPS

On that note, he was correct. Being as you are a newb you may not know how it works. If you want to bash someone and sling insults in an immature manner in the main forum, you will fit right in. This forum, however, is based around body mods and is specifically meant to be a place that you can ask questions about things on this subject, post pics and share experiences without being bashed and insulted. This is not the place to come in and start calling people idea's and thoughts "gey" or "unoriginal". Nautical Stars can be VERY original in design, and more importantly, in the meaning of the tat to the person wearing it.
    That said, please do not come in this forum in the future insulting people in that type of manner as I will edit the post to reflect the maturity level shown. Constructive critisism and opinions are welcomed as long as they are presented in respectfull manner, but not in any sort of way resembling insults and belittleing comments...

Also...
    Nautical Stars have a good amount of meaning to some people, and are not trendy tats unless you get them to be trendy. For example, look at mine. The design itself differs a good bit from the typical nautical star, setting it apart from many. It not only has meaning as far as my life goes, but it also represents my long time love and old school involvement in the punk scene and things I have done or been a part of in my life. So no, mine are not trendy and have a great emount of meaning to me. Even if I did walk into a room where 10 other people had nautical stars tattooed on them in the same places, mine would still be different not only in design (I designed them), but also in meaning. So no, it wouldn't bother me and I would feel the same as wearing the same shirt as someone else (which I still wouldn't care about)...

Thanks, and now please refrain from being rude in this forum...

-Dylan