Natural hate for girlfriend's ex-boyfriend?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by fpt, Jun 27, 2005.

1. fpt

fpt New Member

During the span of when my GF and I were still talking, she often told me about her ex-boyfriend (many of the discussions included how he used to yell at her, etc.).

I met her ex' once...well actually, I confronted him and introduced myself outside at a pool hall to make sure he knew who I was...at that point, my GF had told him that she was talking to me so he did have an idea (he wouldn't do shit to me 'cause of the heads I rolled with as well as my homeboys already inside...hell, I bet he wouldn't do anything at all if I went by myself). He actually kicks it with some of my other homeboys although some of other homies don't like him due to the fact that he's attempted to start some shit with them in the past.

Quite a number of times when my GF and I are just chillin'...she gets calls from him (not that she picks up).

I know I shouldn't act like this, but my question is - is it natural for me to automatically dislike him due to the fact that he's my girlfriend's ex'? Many times, I really desire for him to talk shit to me so I can beat his ass legit (or get his ass marked).

Thoughts?

2. AstroGirl

AstroGirl If I don't respond it's because I have severe ADD

Umm, you can dislike the fact that he calls her. But I there is no need for physical violence to... what? prove your dominance? You already got the girl, so forget about the last man.

3. GFlem

GFlem New Member

I think it's half biological. Some kind of dominance thing... and the second poster makes fun of it, but a lot of these feelings are ones that some guys can't help. *shrugs* We dont' always act on them but a LOT of us feel them instinctively. It's how you channel them that's important.

But I'd look for an excuse to whoop the shit out of my girlfriend's ex anyway... I was also the one she came to crying, and I saw what he put her through before he called it off (in a text message, no less). I already cared for her then, and caring for her like I do now, yeah, I pretty much hate the little SOB.

I'm also an angry person. That doesn't help things. ^_^

4. fpt

fpt New Member

Well...to point a few more details.

When we became a official...a month down the line, he invited her to go minature golfing with him and his friend (also her friend). She told me but I didn't ask for further details. She didn't go. These events ocassionally happen so I figure he's not really pestering her. I do understand the fact that she's known him longer than she has me and they may consider themselves friends...but my GF never calls him to do some stuff...he calls her.

As for the violence part, yeah I can agree although I spark up very quick and during the earlier days, I reacted with my hands and feet (if more if needed). The fact that he try to front with one of my homeboys shows me that he's a hot-head (although my GF tells me he's the type that loves to play computer and video games...LOL).

I can assure you though, he doesn't threaten me in any way, shape or form...physically or the number of heads who have his back.

5. swisher59

swisher59 New Member

ah well to play devil's advocate:
    my exgirlfriend was constantly in touch with her ex, saying he was her 'best-friend'. she would say 'our relationship is just like you and your best friend'. yes, but my best friend and i have never fucked.
    anyway, he would call all the time and leave her in a bad mood. i got suspicious of how platonic their friendship really was.
    long story short, she went home for the holidays and hung out with her ex. i wasn't going to be jealous so i gave her the benefit of the doubt. and then she told me: she cheated on me with her ex.

moral of the story: if your girlfriend is going to be with you, make sure she cuts off all contact with the ex.

6. AstroGirl

AstroGirl If I don't respond it's because I have severe ADD

GOOD CALL!! I second that motion, there is really no point in attempting to stay friends with an ex!

7. fpt

fpt New Member

I agree 100%...I've been told quite a number of times back in the earlier days.

But, it doesn't disregard the fact that they knew each other for quite some time. She doesn't regard him as a bestfriend...only a friend (whom she never calls). I'm not suspicious, I simply hate his fucking ass (frankly, for being my girl's ex').

8. slayer88

slayer88 New Member

dude i know the feeling..everytime i am with my girlfriend her ex calls..she sees him as her friend tho which starts to get on my nerves because sometimes she picks up and just ignores me

9. BassBoy14

BassBoy14 New Member

You and your as you say homeboys need to grow the fuck up!!

10. shlibar

shlibar New Member

Omg dawg you da man, want to come chill in my crib down in the ghettos where the pimps all smokin the weed?

You and your homie-g-dawg-boys must be one hell of a crew

11. sipherx

sipherx Jamesl.info

Yea dude if the girl really likes you, she will drop him completely for you. Anyway man shes gonna end up cheatin on you with him anyway, well thats what it looks like to me.

12. sipherx

sipherx Jamesl.info

word up my nuggah!

13. woodardhsd

woodardhsd New Member

[​IMG]

14. BTA

BTA New Member

Besides the fact that all of the "my homies" crap is incredibly fucking retarded, I'll answer the question as if you werent an idiot.

Think of it this way, the guy is your girlfriend's ex for a reason. Since they obviously dont get along well anymore, chances are your personality is going to clash with his as well. Since you know, you and your girlfriend tend to start having a similar view on things usually.

Add to that the fact that he used to have sex with your girlfriend, I think it just naturally pisses a guy off anyway.

So yeah, most often you will hate your GF's ex.

15. fpt

fpt New Member

Thanks to all who answered in a mature manner.

It's no surprise about you folks from Florida responding the way you did. But I used to do some stuff that I am no way proud of. It's just habit for me to refer my friends as "homies" and whatnot. I'm just trying to do my thing and give back to society. But once again, thanks to those who responded helpfully.

BTA, quite true (and no, I'm not an idiot). I'm going to talk to my GF about it considering I have no connection to my ex-girlfriends (dropped them the minute we broke things off). She doesn't make the intative to contact her ex', but he still does. The fact that he still does means that she hasn't talked to him about totally dropping connection between each other.

16. Cuidado

Cuidado New Member

It's pretty natural to dislike previous boyfriends of your lady, since chances are, they're assholes and still want to be a grievance upon you or your s/o's life. I can relate, so no, it's not just you. Anyone being a pill can easily be disliked.

17. lauren

lauren Active Member

beg to differ...i am friends with almost all of my exs... granted, some are better friends than others, and there are one or two that i just dont care for and made the mistake of dating, but to say theres no reason to be friends is stupid and closed minded.

18. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

when girls talk about their exes all the time, they still have feelings for them.. run away

19. timberwolf

timberwolf New Member

Agreed.

20. AR

AR Guest

I don't think I would ever initiate a fist fight over a girl with an ex bf of her's. That's shows a lack of confidence and an huge amount of insecurity. Plus, she's only your girlfrind and there is reason for fighting her ex, simply ignor your violent reaction and take up your issues with her. Fuck fighting, we all don't live in a jungle.

21. sipherx

sipherx Jamesl.info

BassBoy14, I guess were just some dumass rednecks.. Wanna beer?

22. TheAceOfSpades

TheAceOfSpades New Member

i love video games. what are you trying to say? :nono:

23. Darrin

Darrin Eat. Sleep. Arrest People.

I met the girl i love playing an online computer game, we still play to this day :)

24. BassBoy14

BassBoy14 New Member

hell yes been six months but will be in FL next month

25. BassBoy14

BassBoy14 New Member

Hell yes I could use one been 6 moths in this desert, but will be home soon to FL make sure they have plenty of Miller Light on hand