National Treasure

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Trev, Aug 26, 2004.

1. Trev

Trev New Member

Has anyone seen the preview for this movie National Treasure? I saw it when I went to see The Village a couple of weekends ago. I think it's about secret societies. Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

2. SS109

SS109 3100 FPS OT Supporter

You are correct.
    It is about the supposed secret treasure of the Knights Templar. The group used to be the Vatican Bank but got on the wrong side of the elite and was almost destroyed. Supposedly their treasure went to America and might have funded the Civil War and other events.

3. Blood Moon

Blood Moon Guest

Oh snap! A Dan Brown-like movie. :eek3:

4. sinthetiq

sinthetiq Anteater Member

i saw the trailer a couple weeks ago online.. and yah, ive noticed an influx of freemason/knights templar/etc books at the bookstore. interesting topic i'd say. hopefully they wont butcher it

5. Trev

Trev New Member

I think it's going to be a good flick. From the trailer, it looks like they're doing a good, respectable job of talking about the masons and putting actual facts into the movie. The freemasons have always been really interesting to me - it'll be fun to see a movie on it.

I actually read somewhere that this movie was supposed to come out back in 200, so long before the Dan Brown books became popular.

6. .Nameless.

.Nameless. Guest

I think this movie looks horrible.

7. Trev

Trev New Member

What the? Have you seen the trailer? It's pretty sweet. It's a Bruckheimer film, meaning there's going to be some good effects in it. Plus Harvey Keitel is in it -- need I say more?

8. BBnet3000

BBnet3000 Guest

it looks like the davinci code turned into a movie.

i mean, not that it has anything to do with the davinci code, but its the same kind of historial bullshitism that makes me cringe.

9. Trev

Trev New Member

yeah - i can see the similarity between the DVC and this movie, but I think it's cool that the movie starting filming way before Dan Brown even publiched the book. I hear people are giving it some good reviews . . .I predict the same.

10. Trev

Trev New Member

Agreed. I think it's going to be one of the best Fall movies to come out this season. That and Meet the Fockers. Priceless.