MIL National Guard: moving to another state?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Ranger-AO, Dec 13, 2005.

1. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

What happens if someone joins the National Guard in one state, and then they move across the country and want to transfer to a Guard unit in another state?

Is it as easy as finding a unit that has a MOS vacancy near where they are moving to? Or do you get burried under a ton of paperwork and red tape? :noes:

2. smokie700

smokie700 right near da beach, Boiiiii

If they don't have your MOS within a certain mile radius of your home you can be retrained in a new MOS. Most of the time they will put you as OJT until you can be issued the new MOS. Also when you move you only have to inform your old unit that your moving to xx location then you must report to the new unit to be inproccessed into that unit.

3. Rodthrower18

Rodthrower18 New Member

They finally let u in Ranger ???

4. Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO I'm here for the Taliban party. Moderator

I finally got paperwork that shows my reserve time. So there is movement towards the objective once again. :hs:

A word to the wise: ANY important/significant/irreplacible paper you ever get should be taken to the county courthouse and registered. Once that is done, all you have to do is ask for a registered copy from the courthouse and you are golden. Flood/fire/aliens/whatever - your house can get sent to an alternate dimension for all you care, and you'll still have access to your important papers. Like, for example, proof of reserve service. :o

5. Rodthrower18

Rodthrower18 New Member

Good to know, thx, I think im gonna do that with my diploma, my uncle is catching shit from his college for not having an Original copy of his from 21yrs ago any other stress saver tips ? That's pretty badass the more and more I think about it since im gonna be movin aorund a lot in the next few yrs.

6. Rodthrower18

Rodthrower18 New Member

I think its the fact that its an important/official doccument is why they keep record of it.

7. Rodthrower18

Rodthrower18 New Member

They probably charge a filing fee and a fee to get a copy or some shit I dont know for sure as I havent had to do it yet. Yea they do take up space but have you seen the records building for Dallas county ??? Its colausal(sp?)

8. BobG

BobG Fuchs.

Aliens... :rofl: