NASCAR needs to entertain new tracks, shift schedule.

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by cdk-rod, Aug 2, 2003.

1. cdk-rod

cdk-rod Active Member

Why do tracks like California, Martinsville, Talladega and ESPECIALLY Pocono get 2 races a year when there are a bunch of tracks not getting ANY attention from one of racing's most popular bodies. I understand NASCAR racing twice at tracks like Charlotte, Daytona, Bristol, and the like, because they have one night race and one day race, but when your going to Pocono twice within a few weeks, what really is the point of that? I've been thinking about it for a while. Why not have WCS run Road America (talk about mileage games), Portland, or even doing a street race like Houston or Toronto? Hell, they did exhibitions at Suzuki and Twin Ring Motegi right? It's not like they're asking to go to Silverstone or something.

And please , not NASCAR haters in here, i'm just asking a valid question :)

2. BoogieKnight

BoogieKnight Active Member

NASCAR is one big monopoly. They have their hands in the International Speedway Corporation's cookie jar (also run by the France family). They tend to race at their own tracks to maximize their profits. They do race at Dover Down tracks also but not with the same frequency as the ISC's tracks.

3. troglodyte

troglodyte Guest

They also won't race at tracks/street courses that show how inferior their cars are. Not hating, just pointing out the truth.

4. troglodyte

troglodyte Guest

NASCAR ain't what it was. Now, its seems a bunch of pretty boys who get treated like pro wrestlers - whoever is a "face" gets a lot of press while "heals" and those without a following just get shuffled around.

I know there are diehard NASCAR fans but if they are open minded, they will have to admit things are not better from a racing standpoint and not just for the reasons you cite. NASCAR needs tracks with right turns and a chassis setup that can actually handle. Until then, NASCAR is NASCRAP. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

5. Volkl

Volkl New Member

Nascar goes where the fans will be. I don't think many fans would put up with other tracks, especially road courses. Without being able to see all the action at all times, they wouldn't be able to hoot and holler as much. I've been to Nascar races, and can appreciate what they are. I prefer a good road course though...

Last edited: Sep 26, 2003
  6. troglodyte

troglodyte Guest

You know, saying NASCAR fans can't be happy unless they whoot like a bunch of monkeys is definately not a ringing endorsement of them. :bigthumb:

Road courses can be designed in conjunction with seats to ensure that most (if not all) the action is visable. All it takes is changes in elevation. There could also be big screen televisions like at football stadiums to show any parts that migh not be visiable. There are ways. But, it will take more than tracks to make NASCAR remotely interesting again.

7. giblit

giblit OT Supporter

i was at a nascar race at infinion race way and there was 125,000 people there, id perfer the ovals because its better racing its about more passing and more max speed.you people say how their cars are shitty through the turns but theres something you dont unerstand... THATS NOT WHAT THE CARS ARE MADE TO DO!!!!

8. troglodyte

troglodyte Guest

So, you admit to having the attention span of a gnat? Interesting. And, if you think more passing occurs on ovals, then you know nothing about track racing and getting the corners right. And, this inability to use brain power is not a ringin endorsement of NASCAR nor its fans.

No, we do understand..TOTALLY. Thats why they are shit. They are simply rails that turn left. There is nothing remotely exciting about going in circles for several hours. You can kick your bar of soap around the bathtub for the same effect. Plus, these aren't even STOCK CARS any more yet they advetise NASCAR as relating to what you see on the street.

For those of us who see NASCAR for the pathetic attempt at racing it is, we do get it and I think this is what irritates NASCAR fans the most. We disrupt their fantasy.