SRS Narconon

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Hvnlydevil8, Dec 12, 2003.

1. Hvnlydevil8

Hvnlydevil8 OT Supporter

Does anybody have experience with this program? Ive heard really good things about it. Im checking into it for my boyfriend. I want to get him in there and get him help for his meth addiction... :hs:

2. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

Is that for family and friends of NA members? He needs to go to any program on his own free will.

3. Hvnlydevil8

Hvnlydevil8 OT Supporter

No its for the addict. And he wants to go on his own free will, I was just looking into it and helping him see what program was best for him, (just helping him out a little) and was wondering if anyone had any personal experience with narconon.

4. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

I'm a little leary and i don't mean timothy - its a program developed by l. ron hubbard.

= scientology.

get him into a real 12-step, a la NA, AA, CA

5. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

"This tissue-cleansing regimen of specific vitamin/mineral therapy with cardiovascular exercise, intensive sweating in low heat saunas, adequate replacement of fluids and oils, has become immensely valuable for reducing the long-term physical and mental effects of drug residuals on people who have taken drugs. Mr. Hubbard noted the scientific evidence behind the accumulation of drug and other toxic residuals in the human body. He postulated the influence that these psychoactive toxins might have subliminally and overtly on the mind and person and developed a safe, healthy, and thorough method of cleansing the human body of the actual drug residuals. "

if it was that easy.... excessive sweating will do little more than make you feel like even worse crap. detoxification just takes time.

6. Demon Of Dreams

Demon Of Dreams Feed me with lies and hate, and from that, I will

NarcAnon = Narcotics Anonymous = NA ... people just seem to use different combinations... NA is what I use as do a lot of others :)

N/A will probably help him out immensley if and only if he is looking to get clean.
    AA may help but it has been my experience that if you're doing more than just drinking, AA is not for you, as the majority it seems, do not like talk of adding two + two, and there are a lot of AA members who still actually use narcotics or smoke weed or whatever because to them, thats not a problem, their problem as far as they're concerned was the alcohol...

Its a rare occasion to go to an AA meeting and be able to talk openly and freely about your use when it covers more than just alcohol, so for me personally, I avoid them because I don't get what I need from the meetings at all.

Since your boyfriend has a meth addiction, the first step IMO would actually to be a detox, or a rehabilitation center that has a focus on 12 step programs, because it will be an easier way to get him into and adjusted to the program... he will be starting with others who are just starting, so he won't feel like the odd man out or anything, and for some people, to start there, it helps with their recovery moreso because they're more apt to attend meetings once they're clean and once they understand what the meetings are about and what to expect from the meetings.

Don't force it, but talk about it... and hopefully he'll do the right thing :)

7. Hvnlydevil8

Hvnlydevil8 OT Supporter

Thanks. Yeah hes willing to get help. From what I noticed though, Narconon doesnt have the 12 step program. We found another facility closer to us, that does have it, and its kind of a ministry program too. But yes, he wants to get clean, and he wants help....and I know that its useless if he doesnt want to do it himself.

8. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

uh no. narconon is different.

www.narconon.org

its founded by scientologist cult leader l. ron hubbard and its a bunch of BS. they use the similar name to confuse people into thinking its a 12-step program. stay away from narconon.

9. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

ministry = cult

stay the hell away from narconon, seriously.

l ron hubbard believes that aliens flying dc-10 aircraft with rocket engines, back like millions of years ago, flew planes into volcanoes and crap. seriously. this is what you'll get fed at narconon.

10. Hvnlydevil8

Hvnlydevil8 OT Supporter

Like I said, we found a different one. Its not really a ministry program, its based on the 12 step program. I agree though, we're not going to go the narconon route. Thanks guys...

11. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

Best of luck, seriously!

12. Hvnlydevil8

Hvnlydevil8 OT Supporter

Thanks...I DEFINATELY need it right now. Its not only hard for him, but its hard on me and his family as well :wtc:

13. Demon Of Dreams

Demon Of Dreams Feed me with lies and hate, and from that, I will

yes but I put NarcAnon ... not the other ;) :o

i just didn't put the periods to abbreviate it.

no one caught it :hs:

NarcAnon != Narconon

:big grin: