TAT Nape

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by MarshyTheKid, Dec 19, 2007.

1. MarshyTheKid

MarshyTheKid New Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I got my nape done just over a month ago. Later this week, if anyone want to see, I will get an updated picture. I'm happy with it. My family and some friends don't like it, but it looks cool.

2. blaq19

blaq19 New Member

awesome, my buddy brad got his done a few months back. I almost thought about getting that done but went with the dermal instead, maybe next time.

3. Tron

Tron New Member

I've wanted that for a while

4. levit

levit buy the ticket, take the ride.

I thought modern day high quality piercers frowned upon using curved/u-shaped hardware for surface piercings? It was my understanding that it's better to use the "surface bars" that have been specifically developed for this.

http://www.bmezine.com/pierce/11-surface/wantone.html

How is it holding up? I've always wanted a surface but haven't taken the plunge quite yet.

5. MarshyTheKid

MarshyTheKid New Member

I know Brad! He and I talked about them for a while.
    What are the surface bars you talk about? The ones that are like this: |___| ? The woman that pierced me has her nape done. Her first one rejected a little so she redid it and this one is holding strong.

Mine is doing well. I hurt it a few days ago so it is painful again, but it looks well. Less red then before, which is good. It is at 1" and hasn't started rejecting yet, another good thing.
    I'll try to have my friend get a picture of it today.

6. levit

Yes like that, but also some others depending on the contour of the surface. Click the link and it has examples.

7. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

is that bioplast?

8. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

wow.. there are still piercers doing surface work with straight/curved jewellery? :eek3: Definitely find a piercer that is evolving with the art and has moved on to using better techniques and jewellery. Surface work should ONLY be done with proper surface bars or dermal anchors.

9. beebee

beebee New Member

it looks like bioplast to me too

my surface piercing was done with bioplast too (i posted on here about it back in may when i got it) and the stuff bent with my skin/piercing, its not straight anymore, its bent at the ends where it sticks out, im assuming his will do the same? :dunno:

10. MarshyTheKid

MarshyTheKid New Member

I'm not sure if it is bioplast. It may be. Its plastic-like. I've had her trim it a couple times. After Christmas I'm going in to have her put in a real surface bar.I don't want it to reject.

[​IMG]

Its a little red. I think its just because I have got it caught a few time the past few days and week.

11. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

She's not going to be able to put a surface bar in that piercing. She'll have to redo the complete piercing again.

12. MarshyTheKid

MarshyTheKid New Member

Why wouldn't she be able to?

:dunno: Oh well, I'll keep it. If it starts ti reject, I'll deal with it then. I'll have to go in and have her trim the bar and perhaps bend the edges at the holes out as not to put more pressure on it.

13. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

She could possibly do it but it's going to cause you undue amounts of pain and irritate the hell out of your piercing. It should NEVER have been done that way. :dunno: There are way better techniques to doing a surface piercing now.

14. levit

Surface bars also look a million times better than the curved bars like you have. They look cleaner, conform to shape better, and are just an all around better fit in my opinion.

15. Mortixer

Mortixer New Member

i always found napes on dudes to be a little ghey i mean the only time a person will see that is if your gettin it idb by another dude

16. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

Who gets piercings to show them off to other people? The only time anyone sees my genital work is when I'm fucking. :rolleyes:

I could see someone who looks like this not understanding piercings....
    [​IMG]

17. MarshyTheKid

MarshyTheKid New Member

:werd: I got it for myself. Sure its not easy to see, but I still like it.

18. lauren

lauren Active Member

what's a recommended length? can they do it at 12g instead of 14? you say they should only use surface bars? can you find surface bars made from bioplast? ballpark money estimate?

you say punch and taper method? what other methods are there?

:noes:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  19. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

In my opinion if you want a surface piercing you're better off getting two dermal anchors so it looks like a 'regular surface piercing'.

I've never really seen any done bigger than 14. It's the easiest gauge to bend the jewellery. They are always done in SS or Titanium. Bioplast is just a bendable plastic.

Punch and taper is using a dermal punch to punch a straight hole downards into your skin then using a taper to go under the layers of skin and 'connect' the two holes. This method conforms to the shape of the surface bar.

20. lauren

lauren Active Member

vs taking a clamp and needling through? gotcha. that does sound a little more direct.

21. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

Yes... the jewellery looks like this
    [​IMG]
    so by taking the skin and clamping it the "flesh tunnel" really isn't the same shape as the jewellery which is why surface piercings end up looking like this..
    [​IMG]

22. CaiWooBlue

CaiWooBlue New Member

my that looks unpleasant

23. lauren

lauren Active Member

yeh..... that was my big reservation about it.

it just seemed like having a gradual curve from surface to the bottom and back to surface wouldn't lead to a good anchor..... whereas having a distinct stop/start would.

i don't think i'm saying it right, but kinda like if you have a tear in a piece of paper... and then you put tension on it. it's going to tear a little more. and a little more. but if you don't have that initial tear, and the surface is uniform, it would be less likely to give?

going in perpendicular, and having the smallest cross section just leaves less to heal than going in at an angle.

24. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

I understand what you're saying and you understand the methods perfectly. :wiggle:

If you're gonna do it go with two dermals though. Healing time is significantly faster, better and you can put fancy ends on the jewellery. :p

25. lauren

lauren Active Member

yeh.... i know. for some reason though, i want the connected bar. that, and if my bf doesn't warm up to it i can just take it out. :o

my big reservation with dermal anchors was not knowing how it would feel, and the process was foreign to me. do i assume correctly that an anchor is done with the same equipment/process as the punch with the surface piercing?