TAT Nape of Neck problems

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by kuzikan, Jun 10, 2006.

1. kuzikan

kuzikan New Member

hey all, i was wondering if anyone here has experience with a nape of neck piercing? i had one done a while ago but had to take it out because it was causing what i felt were problems with my spine and nerves? when i put my head back it would feel as if my fingers would go numb. after i took it out it didn't feel as bad. The bar that was used was bent up at the ends but was straight across the ends. I was wondering what should be used, metal or plastic with the steel ends? any and all info would be great, i really want it back in.

2. charel

charel : explorer

i know a few people with nape piercings, the one main concern is infection as its hard to clean properly, that and they grow out quite quickly too.

shoot on over too www.bmezine.com, a whole world of info there

3. BlueDarkAngel

BlueDarkAngel New Member

I've had my nape done for some time now and have not had a single problem.

You were a bit vague on your jewelry. Was a surface bar used or just a bent barbell? And what method used when piercing? Punch and Taper or just a needle?

Also, as far as placement, was it too low? Too high? Perhaps it was too low and deep and did hit a nerve?

Obviously there's a lot of questions, and with all surface piercings nobody heals the same.

Personally, I had mine done using the punch/taper method and using a surface bar, and have plans for 3 more to finish my "design" so to say. I've had no problems and perfect healing and during the whole process visited my piercer every 3-4 weeks or less just to make sure all the healing was going well. Of course it helps that my piercer is a friend and works close to my house.

With all that said, how long did you have it in for and did you keep up on soaking it while it was healing?

Question overload!