TAT Nape Information?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by DreamDemon, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DreamDemon

DreamDemon New Member

It's been almost 3 years since I got my last piercing and I'm dying for another. I've decided that I want to do my nape, since it could be easily hidden when needed. I work in a clinical (therapy) setting, so I couldn't get anything on face... but I'd love to have my lip done at least once in my life..

Aaanyway, I'm here to ask just a few questions. Any information would be helpful.

-What kind of jewelry should I ask to be pierced with? I've seen them done with curved barbells, but have also heard that using a surface bar is better.

-Do I get to choose placement or does it always have to be in the same place? (ie: exactly centered)

-What are your experiences with rejection?

-Any other drawbacks you can think of?

Again, thank you for your time :)

2. craiger

craiger New Member

-What kind of jewelry should I ask to be pierced with? I've seen them done with curved barbells, but have also heard that using a surface bar is better.

surface bars are the way to go if you want to strongly avoid rejection.
    ur other option would be to have two microdermals done(assuming your near a shop that offers them)

-Do I get to choose placement or does it always have to be in the same place? (ie: exactly centered)

if the piercer knows what they're doing, u should have a few options here

-What are your experiences with rejection?

again, this depends on ther piercer, jewelery, and of course your body. if your diet/lifestyle are too hard on the piercing, it's more likely to reject

-Any other drawbacks you can think of?

again, depends on ur lifestyle. and if it does reject, can you deal with having a scar there?

3. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

If you're going to go with a surface bar find a piercer who will do the punch and taper method. It offers much better healing results.

4. craiger

craiger New Member

agreed, however, ask the piercer how many he's done...this isn't something to take lightly

5. britnewberry

britnewberry You can keep on drinking...but never drown out whe

Are you having doubts yet? You better still be getting it done woman, I'm pretty damn excited to be getting it again.

6. audrey

audrey New Member

Get dermal anchors!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. DreamDemon

DreamDemon New Member

HOLY SHIT BRIT YOU FOUND ME!!!!!!!

yay!!!
    My internet has been shitty lately, so it took me awhile to get bakc on here... thank you for the advice guys... I'm still gonna do it.

A scar on th eback of my neck that I will never see isn't going to bother me... I've had pretty good results with all my other piercings so I dont think this will be too much of a problem...

I'm willing to find out:)

8. audrey

audrey New Member

Does that mean you are getting anchors?

9. DreamDemon

DreamDemon New Member

umm... no I dont think so. I've heard they stick out a little farther than just a bar would... I'll talk to my piercer when I see him...

if you guys want to argue for/against anchors, I'll definately take that into account too :)

10. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

simple argument: they don't stick out more and they heal better.

11. audrey

audrey New Member

^^^ agreed!

I have a dermal anchor on my cheek. Healed completely within 4 weeks and it doesn't stick out :o

I'm planning on getting a few anchors up my neck :naughty:

12. DreamDemon

DreamDemon New Member

hm... something to thnk about I guess... might have to hit up bmezine and see some pictures... I like the idea of a bar though... something about it.

13. DreamDemon

DreamDemon New Member

okay... so I guess it's the middle of the night, and I'm not sleeping any time soon. I went on bmezine... I think I fell in love. I read this article:

http://www.bmezine.com/news/pubring/20061106.html

which is pretty in-depth, definately answered most of the questions I had about it, and now I'm leaning towards getting those done instead of a surface bar...

the only catch is that it seems that taking them out might be a little more tricky than it would be with just a bar.....

buttons, any thoughts on that?

14. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

Why worry about taking them out? :dunno:

15. DreamDemon

DreamDemon New Member

well, I work as a speech therapist for one thing. I dont really want my clients, clients' parents, or my supervisors having a problem with them...

IF (big if) it's an issue, I need to have the option of taking them out. It's a very real possibility.

16. DreamDemon

DreamDemon New Member

in other news, I've called around and it seems that no one around here does them... My heart hurts a little... :(

17. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

Where do you live?

Taking them out really isn't that hard. You go back to your piercer and they'll remove them for you. If you plan on doing this you should find out if you can have them at work first. No point in wasting money on something that you'll have to remove right away.

18. beebee

beebee New Member

i agree with the buttons
    sounds like you think you can take them out and then put them back in at will? ........not possible!

19. audrey

audrey New Member

You have to pierce them out :o

20. BlueDarkAngel

BlueDarkAngel New Member

I've had my nape done for about 3 years now. Of all my piercings its my absolute favorite. And I loved how the punch and taper method felt. :drool:

21. DreamDemon

DreamDemon New Member

To reply to everyone at once:

No, I don't think that I can just take them out and put them in at will. I realize that with this method it's one or the other. I did my research.

I live in Minot, North Dakota. I called around to a few places, and all they could tell me was to check with Bismarck and see if anyone there does them.... haven't gotten that far, but MAYBE I will be taking a trip there.

As far as work, I don't SEE it being a problem since they should be easily covered (either with my hair, or collar), but if it IS an issue, you know... just gotta keep the option open.

22. beebee

beebee New Member

i guess it wouldnt hurt to ask work first so that if they're dead against it you wont waste your money if they demand it be taken out instead of just hidden?

or are more willing to go and do it and keep it hidden then IF they see it and blow their lid completely you'll take it out?

they may be more accepting if you are upfront that you are getting it done and you are able to convince them that you can hide it

or are they mormon like my bosses? :rofl:

23. DreamDemon

DreamDemon New Member

nah, I'm not really too concerned with it... at this point, I'm still a student clinician, and they are pretty understanding that we're people. As I keep saying, I just need to know that it's do-able if it ever needs to be done :)

through the answers here, I've found that I can take them out if need be, and that all I have to do is make an appointment with my piercer...

aahhhh.... what am I gonna do if I can't find anyone around here to do it? I might settle for a surface bar, but honestly I have my heart set on anchors now.

24. britnewberry

britnewberry You can keep on drinking...but never drown out whe

Matt actually suggested I have you check with people in Bismarck so go for it and we can make a trip there if you want. I'd be most comfortable with Michael Jay's if they do them there, cleanest by far and I've gotten 3 piercings and a tattoo there already. But yeah...Wow this is turning into quite the project my friend.

25. DreamDemon

DreamDemon New Member

I HATE NORTH DAKOTA.

I just called Micheal Jay's....
    me: "Hi, I have a question. Do you do surface anchors?"
    her: "what's that?"
    me: "umm.... microdermals?"
    *pause*
    me: "okay, I'm gonna go with no then. Thanks for your time."
    *click.*

PISSED!!!

Thread Status: