COMIC Name this anime!!!

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Layne Staley, May 5, 2004.

1. Layne Staley

Layne Staley New Member

I remember seeing it on TV a few years ago, it was a movie. Anyways, the main character was a guy who had this rod/staff that could change into a lot of things, and apparently grow infinitely in length. I seem to remember it being good. Seems like it was set in a modern city. Sorry so vague, but I was doing a lot of drugs then, so my memory of the movie is fuzzy at best.

2. kitsune

kitsune Guest

do you remmember the character names at all ?? even the first couple letteres or something?? anything??

3. Taker

Taker 找死吗?

was it a monkey?

4. kitsune

kitsune Guest

Yo

you might be confused with the monkey on naruto that can turn himself into a staff?

might be the same concept, what was the monkeys name on that naruto episode? the series might be named after that

5. DillDoe

DillDoe Feels good mang

yeah, sounds like a Dragonball Z show. Not much monkey king spinoffs here in the US

6. clover

clover Lucky in life

There is a monkey king anime. Think it was based on the journey to the west series. Can't remember the name now though. Japanese title and all.

7. Royale With Cheese

Royale With Cheese New Member

I think it might be Goku: Midnight Eye. If the main character can control machines with his eye, then this is the one you are looking for.

8. kitsune

kitsune Guest

hey bit offtopic here but im in australia and i live in perth too :big grin:

9. BBQ Monster

BBQ Monster New Member

You are probably right on that one. I love DBZ, it is one of my favorites. But, that does sound like DEAD ZONE :bigthumb:

10. TUNNGE

TUNNGE New Member

The monkey in Naruto is Enma.

The only thing I can think of with a rod/staff that grows is Goku's little staff thing in Dragon Ball.

11. awlewis

awlewis New Member

first thoughts were DBZ.

12. RokeePower

RokeePower Guest

No it is not dragonball it was old anime series anout 4 years I think it about a monkey that traing to become the utilimate monkey master if you play camcom vs snk 2 you can choose him as one you can fight with and he has the abilty to chage hisn staff to almost anything he wants and has the abilty to change into a huge gorilla.

13. rehab

rehab New Member

the char you are talking about is the monkey king from the book journey to the west. DBZ is loosely based off of this book.