GUN Naked suspect Tased, dies in custody

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Jan 7, 2007.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

It seems like these death by taser stories all have 2 things in common, nakedness and crack/blow

Naked suspect Tased, dies in custody
    Updated: 1/5/2007 8:05 PM
    By: News 14 Carolina Staff

GASTONIA, N.C. -- A 42-year-old man died early Friday after police officers used a Taser when he wouldn't cooperate during his arrest.

Calvin Thompson, of Gastonia, was found nude running on a city street, according to Gaston County Police Department. He disobeyed officers' commands and resisted arrest, police said.

Thompson's vehicle.
    Thompson's vehicle.
    Officers used a Taser to arrest Thompson, but he became unconscious when being placed in custody, police said.

Tasers are stun guns used by law enforcement officials as a non-lethal alternative to bullet-firing weapons. The U.S. Justice Department last year announced it would study a number of cases in which people died after being stunned by the weapons.

Officers said they provided Thompson with medical attention and found what appeared to be crack cocaine in his mouth. He was taken to Gaston Memorial Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

The North Carolina Highway Patrol believes the vehicle Thompson was driving was involved in at least four separate collisions in a Gastonia subdivision before his arrest. A substance that appeared to be crack cocaine was found in the vehicle, police said.

The State Bureau of Investigation is looking into the incident and three Gastonia police officers were placed on paid administrative leave while the department conducts an internal investigation.

2. SlowTA367

SlowTA367 New Member

Man something like that happened here a while back, except that they shot the guy 3 times in the chest with a .45 and still had to tase him to get him down. The media then tried to blame the taser for his death :ugh2:

3. kellyclan

kellyclan She only loves you when she's drunk.

Let me guess....cocaine was involved.

4. kellyclan

And there it is!

5. Anders 7

Anders 7 I aim to misbehave OT Supporter

:rofl:

6. kellyclan

There is definitely a relation between hyperthermia caused by stimulant use and the taser shock. It's being studied by people more learned than I, but I suppose the hyperthermic state makes the heart's conduction system more susceptible to electrical interruption resulting in a sudden v-fib arrest.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2007
  7. Small Block LSX

Small Block LSX BMW | N54 | LSX | Gun | PS3 | Parent | Night CREW

I bet the taser fucks up the heart beat or some crazy shit. When they are all coked up and getting zapped it sounds like a lethal combo. Oh well,... don't run naked next time you respawn.

8. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

I still ask if it was a reasonable use of the taser in this case. it was used as a compliance weapon rather than a less than lethan defensive weapon.

9. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I dont have a problem with that. doesn't say if they used OC first or not but if they did and it wasn't effective, whats going to be the other option? nightsticks? that'll go over well when someone video tapes it.

10. 4fifths

4fifths God of Bartons

Cops are pussies.