MMA Naga... should I go?

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by brolli, Nov 1, 2006.

1. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

So I just found out from my friend today that there is a Naga in connecticut this saturday (I haven't been checking their site in a while). I am about 8 or 9 lbs over the weight class I compete at (149 lbs) and also don't feel drastically different in skill since I competed at grapplers quest a few weeks ago. The best I've done was 1st place intermediate, and 2nd place blue belt gi. If I compete this week, I will be doing advanced but am almost certain there will be at least one black belt in the division. Not only is it a little costly to go (gas, hotel, food, entry at door) but I feel like there is not much of a point in going so soon when I already know just about where I stand. During training I work on a lot of specific things, focusing on comboing attacks and was planning on waiting till 2007 to go ahead and try advanced. What do you guys think I should do?

2. AK-47

AK-47 Banned

i think you can only learn by going there :dunno: although if the money is an issue and like you said you just recently competed and know where you skill level is i wouldn't

3. 2ofdem

2ofdem OT Supporter

The more you compete the more you will learn your strengths and weaknesses in a 100% environment. If its not gonna leave you short of cash id go.

4. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

yeah the money is playing a big part in my decision, I can afford it but... I don't have a job and its like 180$ total

5. VulgarTheClown

VulgarTheClown A child and a gun.....go together like apple pie a

go, no reason not to. fight heavy, naga isn;t worht cuttin for

6. DOHChi

DOHChi New Member

man your rank too arent you?? might as well do it, so you can get up there.

7. teep

teep New Member

I might go. I'm still debating it because I have so many exams this week and 3 papers due next week.

8. Titus

Titus New Member

all it can do is make you better...

9. Savage5point0

Savage5point0 Im an asshole.

Id love to compete, I think for my weight and exp. level I stack up very well against anyone. Unfortunately I always miss the local tournaments around here...

10. teep

teep New Member

Haha. I just have amazing parents that pay for my training fees, gear, my apartment, my tuition, and food. I'm no spoiled brat though, I've had my share of shitty jobs picking up trash and washing dishes.

Anyway, I think what's really stopping me from going is that I haven't really prepared at all for a grappling tourney. My weight is fine and my conditioning is good, but I've been concentrating on my standup mostly lately and when I trained bjj last night I just didn't feel entirely on my game. Although maybe thats cause I was rolling with a purple belt that had 50 pounds on me. As childish as it may be, I don't want to go if I'm not going to bring back a sword haha.