MMA naga - battle at the beach NJ

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by brolli, Aug 6, 2006.

1. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

Just got back from naga... pretty fun experience. Placed 3rd in 149 no gi intermediate, placed 2nd in 149 lbs blue belt. Felt some real strong techniques from the guys that beat me, got caught in an anaconda choke and a triangle. Good times, I will have to train much harder so I can win these next time.

2. xinster

xinster New Member

how was the sandbagging? And did you see any people that like, were totally raped like wannabe ninjers, jeet kune do guys, shit like that?

3. Placebo

Placebo New Member

Oh come on, Anaconda choke? That's one of the easier chokes to defend against :p Straight arm to stomach or hand to cheek.

Congrats on the placings bro. Did your friend end up going or did he chicken out?

4. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

Yeah I really am dissapointed that I got caught with that move :hs:, the guy did it fast and I didn't react fast enough lol.

Speaking of my friend... funny story, he calls me the night before and tells me that his "car broke down earlier this week so he can't go". So I desperately called other people i knew who were going and begged for rides. One of my good friends went 2 hrs out of his way to do it for me.

5. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

didn't bring my camera. The 149 div was about medium sized, 10-12 ppl if i remember correctly. Early in the morning I woke up and weighed myself at 151 on the scale in the motel room and had to suit up and run for quite a while before barely making weight =/

6. Sammo

Sammo New Member

2 lbs only? shit dude

7. xinster

xinster New Member

you'll probably get outsandbagged anyway.

8. Sammo

Sammo New Member

:rofl: :bowdown:

9. xinster

xinster New Member

No, i meant you'll probably get outsandbagged in the beginner too.

"Oh you know, i've only wrestled and done bjj crosstrained with judo for 9 years on and off. Like, 8 of those 9 years i took weekends off, so yeah i'm kinda rusty."

10. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

lol at the weekends off. And intermediate was mostly blues, but Id say top 2 guys were purple-ish level. I would reccomend you doing whichever division you are most comfortable in without worrying about "sandbagging". If you can confidently say that you would win the division provided that you make no mistakes then that is the right one to be in.