TAT n00b to piercing - cleaning questions

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Shady VW, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Shady VW

Shady VW New Member

Hi all.

I don't spend much time in here at all but I figured ya'll would know best. I just had the cartilage on my left ear pierced and was wondering what they best way to clean it was.

The dude said twice a day swab it on each side with a q-tip with soap on the end and then take the other end and clean the soap off. Is this the best way? How long do I have to clean it twice a day?

I've seen other people take their piercings out (obviously I shouldn't do this yet) and clean with a cotton ball and rubbing alcohol.

Sorry for the retarded questions. I had it done by this place with a great rep and have no complaints except the guy was pretty vague on cleaning and I don't need an infection.

Thanks guys.

2. Vegas

Vegas New Member

Don't use alcohol, it kills tissue, making the healing process longer. If you insist, get some sea salt to mix with water, or bactene, but anti-bacterial soap should be fine. Just keep it clean, and ensure it's healing up fine, and you are set.

3. Laurel

Laurel New Member

If it gets irritated, definitely begin doing sea salt soaks. do a search or go to http://encyc.bmezine.com/?salt_soaks for more information on how to do it. If it's on your ear, you should be using those sterile gauze pads to soak it with(just keep them on there instead of dunking your ear in it)