n00b Q's ***my av = NWS***

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by wop, Jul 30, 2003.

1. wop

wop Guest

ok so I want a system for my car (2000 impreza 2.2l wagon)... and want to know what should I look for in parts? i.e. which speakers, subs, amps, wire etc.

what is the difference in sub box design? some have the speaker exposed some don't, some exposed and have extra holes? very :confused:

as far as door speakers do I need to just listen to them? I read here the koda's were nice, but there is no socal dealer so I cannot hear them... do I need rear door speakers?

do I need two apms? one for the sub(s) and one for the speakers?

I need an alarm too:

what brands? I want auto alarm, window control from remote, if the windows are down and the car is shut off, I want the windows to go up and the alarm to arm, possible? can my hatch pop open via the remote also?

I am the kinda of guy that should not touch wires... so I was wondering if anyone knew of a good socal shop to do the install...

BUDGET: don't really have one... I don't want / need a top level system... just a good clean sound... maybe a little better than average...

I already have an eclipse HU.

TIA

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2003
  2. wop

wop Guest

no love? :sad2:

3. GlocksRock

GlocksRock Glock > You

It would take way too long to type up all the info you want. My advice to you is to go to a caraudio forum and do some research. Or go to a car audio store and start asking some questions.