mystery IMer is freaking me out

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by cambot, Jul 30, 2004.

1. cambot

cambot Guest

some "girl" has been IMing my roommate for about 6 months now. she knows too much about him and his friends...so at first we thought it was a joke, but after 6 months, we're just getting plain freaked out. "she" seems to have serious issues. how the hell can we find out who this person is? i've tried sniffing the IP and got a match to a library computer down at UT Austin. that only helps so much, though. does anyone know methods of getting more information?

sure, he could just block her, but we really want to know who the hell this is.

2. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

set up a meeting in a public place. :dunno:

3. cambot

cambot Guest

she uses multiple names...they change every time we ask her name. we tried meeting, but she never showed. it's very...very, weird.

4. ins3cure

ins3cure Old School Noob

Stop talking to her, if she's that serious she may eventually show in person if all other avenues are cut-off.

5. KoopaTroopa

KoopaTroopa OT Supporter

I just allow people on my buddylist to IM me...keeps the weirdos away. If they want to IM, they have to email me his/her screen name first.

6. maczter

maczter Life is trying things to see if they work.

7. WERUreo

WERUreo Imua!

:werd: I was sick of getting random IMs from strangers...

8. cambot

cambot Guest

that's what i do and told him he should do. the curiosity is killing us, though.

9. KoopaTroopa

KoopaTroopa OT Supporter

What I used to do was go on AIM and make up random names and mess with my friends. I still do it sometimes. I'll get all personal and they'll be like who is this. Then I'll get an IM on my normal screen name asking if I IMed them earlier, and I'll be like "No". Or I'll pretend to be a perv looking for cyber for some of my female buddies and freak them out. Probably another friend messing with you.

10. ricehead

ricehead a world in which time is absolute is a world of co

start IMing her with another name, say you are in one of her classes and you've been watching her