SRS Myself + My roomate are addicted to cocain

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Trey-D, Nov 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trey-D

Trey-D New Member

it is a hard habit to kick. im am fine when im not around other friends but if i am with them it is hard to say no and i dont want to stop.

but the good thing is i have never brought myself to buy it.

Does anyone have good methods of stoping?

2. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

Total abstinence. Avoid your friends. Try that, and if it isn't sufficient, come back and let us know

3. Trey-D

Trey-D New Member

well if that is what it will take ill try that, going to be hard though. those are some of my closest friends

4. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

its understandable - social relations are some of the harder "habits" to break - one of the reasons 12-step groups have such a large following is that it puts you in contact with tons of new people of whom you share certain beliefs about drug usage (namely, abstinence)

5. Trey-D

Trey-D New Member

well i hate to say but i took another persons idea on here to just get realy baked last night and one i was i had no urge to do any coke. and it was right in front of me. pretty easy to say no.

6. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

Advice from those who have stayed clean / sober: Don't substitute addictions. Unanimously.

People come in here and spout off ignorant junk without any real experience.

Smoking weed will not keep you from coke. The end.

7. Blackthorn

Blackthorn Guest

I got onto harder drugs after a drinking problem. I have to say that I agree with the last poster. Don't substitute. Go clean, total abstinence. Find sports or hobbies where you can get a natural high - like going to gym or sky diving or something like that.

8. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

If you have a problem with one drug, you're going to have problems with others. Attempt to abstain from all drugs (including alcohol). Go to a meeting, it will help. Narcotics Anonymous or Cocaine Anonymous would suit you just fine. They both have websites with meeting links, and phone numbers. If you still can't locate a meeting, let us know and we'll help you.

9. Trey-D

Trey-D New Member

PS

im over it!

10. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

Good for you, maybe you might want to change your quote, "I like playing in the snow." How much time clean do you have now?

11. Death works for allot of cocaine addicts. Stops em cold.

12. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

Unfortuntely, this is the road for many addicts who do not seek recovery, jails, institutions and death. However, 12-step programs have been saving the lives of addicts for years, and continue to do so today.

13. Boo439

Boo439 Punish the deed, not the breed!

My husband's twin brother did coke for a while, he wasn't addicted, but it was a problem. Any illicit drugs at all are a problem, in my opinion. He came to me about it and I told him point blank that he has the ability to stop. No one else can do it for him.

"I only do it when I hang out with my friends." Well, then don't. They're not very good friends if they are supporting/enabling your drug problem. Real friends would try to help you stop. On the same hand, you are not helping your friends stop, either. Maybe there are people telling them, "All you need to do is stay away from them." Your friends' responses are probably, "But he's my best friend." You should all get together and make a pact to stop. It is doing you no good and no amount of "high" is worth the damage that you are doing to your brain. Please get help before it's too late. Good luck.

14. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

Illicit or not, any drug [including and especially alcohol] can be a problem if someone is an addict.

This may work for something like cigarettes, but with a real drug problem, you must stay away from your coke friends until you know they are really clean. The only safe place to meet up with them is at a 12-step meeting.

15. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

An addict will drive him/her[self] into the ground to get dope. This means lying, stealing, cheating whatever, and I'm sure any addict would accept free drugs regardless of any attempt at "not letting yourself."

Not that it matters, but coke is not at all physically addictive. It is entirely psychological, mental and spiritual. Addiction is a spiritual disease, and it must be treated in such a manner. Working the 12-steps and attending meetings will work better than "doing something else."

Methods used to quit smoking may help, but will most likely be insufficient for a real drug problem.

16. meSOB69

meSOB69 Guest

Weelittleme: sweetie you missed my point completely. All times you took jokes too literally and missed the fact that its only natural that a human should know that some kid on the internet doesnt have the "be all end all" knowledge to anything - even quitting drugs.

nice try though :ugh2:

17. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

This is not a sarcastic forum, it is a serious one. I treat it as such. Posting sarcasm and insufficient methods for addicts trying to get clean is not helping anyone. I'd appreciate it if you stopped.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2004
  18. Trey-D

Trey-D New Member

acctuly, i was refer. to snowboarding. thats my hobbie that clears my mind and keeps me clean!

i think i am almoste up to a month clean!

19. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

good job :)

20. Trey-D

Trey-D New Member

well it has been about 3 months now and i have had no relapse!

crazy how much better i feel everyday. tons more energy and just all around better spirits.

totaly clean off everything.

now if i can only quit smoking cigs.

21. eligh

eligh Go To A Meeting

Well right on dude. Yes those cig's are a tough one. I'd say take it easy, and worry about the cig's later ... possibly when you have a little more time clean.

22. bromide

bromide New Member

what was that you were saying about substitution :hsugh:

23. selfpollution

selfpollution New Member

I think if you have success quitting coke with marijuana than that is OK for a while, but sooner or later you are going to have to learn to cope with life with out getting high.
    I only say OK because it is harm reduction but you aren't going to really ever address any of your issues if you substitute and all the reasons you became so self destructive in the first place are still there, making it more likely to get back into coke.
    just my opinion/experience, could be wrong.

24. Trumbo.

Trumbo. New Member

Honestly what got me off of it was losing a lot of friends and going in debt. once it was impossible to get it wasnt hard to quit.

25. selfpollution

selfpollution New Member

You should rent the movie "City of God" on DVD and watch the documentary in the special features about cocaine in Brazil. It shows the favelas in Rio and Sao Paulo and the cops who slaughter everyone in them. It is a very corrupt system.
    That was when I decided to get clean, I was hanging out watching that movie and realized that I go around not eating meat, using gas, shopping at staples, mcdonalds, starbucks etc but I am funding terror and murder with the money I spend on yayo! I felt like such a hypocrit!
    Those stupid ads about how marijuana supports terrorism are bs, but with heroin and coke it is another story.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.