TAT My WTC Tat w pic

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by 2500, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2500

2500 Guest

Just got this done today. The shadowing on the towers will lighten up some, or so the artist said. i hope it does, its a lil dark, lol.

[​IMG]

2. TheManLouisianaFace

TheManLouisianaFace and decide!

looks nothing like the outside of the towers

Last edited: Aug 24, 2007
  3. 2500

2500 Guest

so, i should go get 110 stories of windows put in so in a year, it can all blur together and look like a blob?

4. Way_fast_Whitey

Way_fast_Whitey Cause I Can't Stand To See You Treated Bad, I beat

No, but I think maybe some more detail would look cool, like some less bold looking buildings and the sky all in black/grey.. I think its a good idea, that needs more to look great.

5. 2500

2500 Guest

well, its the center piece in a full upper back piece, so, we waited on the sky untill a few more pieces were planned out.

and, i'm going to have the shadowing fixed on the sides of the buildings, and, something done with the smaller buildings.

i think it looks awesome, but, its, not QUITE what i had in mind. it was kind of explained one way, and done a different way. i'm new to tennessee, and, when i went artist hunting, i found the "oldest parlor in east tennessee" opened for 20+ years, yadda yadda, thinking if they've been there that long, they have to be doing something right. i was less than pleased, but, nothing that can't be fixed.

6. 2500

2500 Guest

oh, and i've only had it for 9 hours, and its lubed up, so its gonna look a little darker. plus he said he did alot of shading using a portrait technique, which will lighten up alot. i hope, lol.

do you guys think i should have the towers shaded side fully greyed? i dunno if i'm feelin the lines.

7. joy division

joy division New Member

on second note :rofl: that is the dumbest /worst tattoo posted here, your artist is a RETARD.

8. 2500

2500 Guest

dumbest? i was born and raised in NYC, my dad worked in the WTC complex, and i was raised visiting them weekly until i moved to chicago. remind me how this is dumb.

the artist is a retard, thats another story, but, considering every tat i see on this forum is of WoW characters, gigers, super heros, flowers, and other meaningless bullshit, i'd like to argue the concept of my tat is very meaningful to myself, and, last i checked, thats all that matters.

care to offer some input as to why you feel the artist is a retard, or what you would do differently?

9. Flac0

Flac0 Custom User Title

don't mind him. :o

10. joy division

joy division New Member

Make it a fucking BACK PIECE instead of ruining your largest canvas. It is a GHETTO tattoo, if you wanted a wtc tattoo do some research and go to anil gupta. It's like building a monument to your dad in a cave in the rock mountains, great job. The actual art work is poor.

That gay shit would fit on your forearm. and its not even centered on your back. and all the lines are wrong, the towers dont' match the lower buildings - as if an uneducated/completely untalented person drew it. tell that nga to look up masaccio and one point perspective. 1425ad niuka

11. joy division

joy division New Member

but good idea behind it.

12. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

you really have no idea what your talking about here...

13. 2500

2500 Guest

this tat is the first part of my BACK PIECE. i didn't want just the WTC on my back. This is the center part to what is going to be a full upper back piece.

14. 2500

2500 Guest

ya know, after going to about a dozen tattoo places in tennessee, everyone was saying "yeah, i dunno, theres alot of detail, i dunno, i could do it, i just don't want to, but we can work something out." so its like, i'm not going to have someone like that do it. this guy was really excited about the idea. he said hes done the towers before, and he was pulling out books of the twin towers, so, i figured he'd do a good job. hes been doing it for 20 years, his shop was one of the only ones i've found that was health dept certified, and its the oldest shop in east tennessee. i thought i did my research on the place. the pencil drawing he did looked awesome, but when he decided to shade on my back, i dunno what he was thinking. ya know, theres really not much i can do besides go somewhere else and tell them to do whatever they can to fix it, or have it removed and redone. not too many other options.

15. TheManLouisianaFace

TheManLouisianaFace and decide!

I thought it was a scene out of bladerunner at first

16. Buttons

Buttons OT Supporter

with a piece that size there's no reason they couldn't have done some insane detail in the towers and if the artist knows what they're doing it'll last the test of time (at least 40-50 years)

17. 2500

2500 Guest

well, i went to saint tattoo in knoxville today, and when they saw it, they said they tried adding too much detail, and its so small, and thats why the smaller buildings look like shit.

i am gonna wait for it to heal, because the shadowing will lighten alot, so it might not be that bad. then i will think of ideas, unless anyone has ideas right now.

18. Poetic

Poetic New Member

Oh fucking really?

19. 2500

2500 Guest

hi there :dunno:

20. Poetic

Poetic New Member

21. 2500

2500 Guest

22. Poetic

Poetic New Member

Meaningful too. :asshole:

23. 2500

2500 Guest

:rly:

24. tedistkrieg

tedistkrieg Exploited Filth

might want to find an artist that can touch it up

25. 2500

2500 Guest

i did, but they said i would have to wait for it to be healed before they see what they are working with. i could have anything wrong fixed for free at the place that did it, but, who the hell wants to go there again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.