A&P My work :)

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Ravencraw, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Ravencraw

Ravencraw New Member

whatever.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2007
  2. hash browns

hash browns lolcathlon champion OT Supporter

you make signature banners for people ?

3. hash browns

sonic and knuckles ftw !

4. Ravencraw

Ravencraw New Member

if you mean the small tags, well I make them, but I have a site where we do tags a lot.

5. TurkeyChicken

TurkeyChicken New Member

I smell a ban coming soon...

6. Jonny Chimpo

Jonny Chimpo OT Supporter

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: @ trying to copyright other peoples work.

This is from Tim Burton's The Corpse Bride: http://www.layeredgfx.com/tutorials/STOP TAG TUTORIAL.png

Someone ban this douche nozzle.

7. Ravencraw

Ravencraw New Member

excuse me?

I didn't copyright his work okay?

I copyrighted the tutorial on how to make a tag with his work. there's a difference .

so don't go accusing me of stuff I didn't do.

I didn't rip, steal, or any of that stuff. I didn't sell this work, I didn't buy it, so there's no copyright infringement either.

8. anthem404

anthem404 not my cup of mud

when you get into the technical small print, you have to change something you didn't create (meaning the "stocks" you used) 98% for you to be able to call it your own. So in essence if they really wanted to fight it out, they could sue you for using a copyrighted character in something you made when you didn't pay for the right. Of course, they wouldn't do such a thing because of the bad PR and it would be a waste of money to fight such a thing.

9. kristin

kristin my dog > *

You should check out www.whatiscopyright.org :hs:

10. Jonny Chimpo

Notrly pal.

Feel free to check out http://www.copyright.gov/ and point out the section that states that altering someone else's copyrighted work is permissible without authorization or consent. Seriously, you have NO CLUE WHATSOEVER of how copyrights work, so don't try to act all e-thuggish with me.

Or maybe next you'll try to tell me Tim Burton, SEGA Corp. and Kate Beckinsale are all personal friends of yours...

:ugh:

11. Ravencraw

Ravencraw New Member

I don't care either.

I edited a photo, I didn't break a copyright because I'm not claiming the stocks were mine and I'm not selling them. They were used for personal use and I showed some people what I did.

If you guys want to be rude about it then go ahead. I don't need to join a community of people that don't want to help the community.

I edited the work, posted tutorials on what I did. That's not a bad thing. It's called photomanipulation.

12. Jonny Chimpo

Okay lil buddy. Hip tip: just because an image is on the internet doesn't make it a "stock" image. Go you. :ugh2:

I guess you probably thought you'd join OT and drum up some traffic for your website, or maybe some sig/tag business. Thanks for the spam, but no thanks. Or maybe it's just coincidence that you are the admin of a site specializing in making these little forum sig tags and OT is one of the biggest forums on the web.....nah, just coincidence.

Seriously, who is running Initiation these days????

13. hash browns

oh the e-thugging :mamoru:

14. anthem404

So if I took one of Ansel Adams's photographs and put a model in there and made it darker, it's ok? That's basically what you are saying. We actually help the community (others more so than myself), you on the other hand don't want to take a listen to some people who actually know what they're talking about? Yes, you're definitely the one helping the community.:ugh:

Even if you don't claim the "stocks" as your own or even try to sell them, it's still breaking copyright. Go to the websites provided above and read up. Once you're done, then come back and reply.

15. Ravencraw

Ravencraw New Member

I'm sorry that I thought a large site of people might have some decent artists with some constructive criticism.

excuse me for having honorable intentions.

anyways, peace, I'm leaving this site because it's not worth it.

maybe instead of being fags and calling me names, you could have said,

"Hey dude, you know you're copyrighting by putting that there" or "Dude, your copyrighting by using that stock without permission."

Or maybe even tell me HOW I'm copyrighting, but what you guys have done does not help in any way and is more spam then whatever I have done this first day I visited this site.

16. hash browns

fair-use has its boundaries

17. Ravencraw

Ravencraw New Member

and about me using stocks, that word, stocks means an un-edited photo or picture.

that's what we call it where i go.

18. anthem404

I thought you were leaving? :rolleyes:

but not to be a complete douche in this post, we did tell you that you were messing with the copyrights by not having permission to use the shit. You told us off, so we told you off.

19. Jonny Chimpo

thread backfire.

20. eof

eof New Member

:werd:

You should see what happens if you alter one of Chimpo's pics...not only does he go after you for infringement but he also date rapes you. :noes:

21. kristin

kristin my dog > *

:rofl: I must have missed the part where anyone here called anyone names. It wasn't until the majority of us in here were called fags that the name calling even began. And I thought you were leaving :ugh: