COMIC my whole collection is marvel

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Jesterkiller, May 11, 2006.

1. Jesterkiller

Jesterkiller ever dance with the devil in the pale moon light?

and id like to get into some good DC stuff. what are some suggestions to get into DC? trade paper backs are preferred so i dont have to have the comic store order a shit load of singles when i can get them to order me the trades :bigthumb:

2. axio

axio New Member

Aside from the obvious answers of Kingdom Come, Watchmen, and Crisis on Infinite Earths... ahem

Most of the '70s Batman before he became a shadowlurker are well written. Specifically Batman: Strange Apparitions, it is different than how most of us are used to reading Batman since Miller basically crafted the modern idea of the "Dark" night and made him into a shadowlurker. Other great Batman arcs: Year One (rebooting of Batman as much darker), Dark Knight Returns (it is good... but not as great as Watchmen), Death in the Family (Robin #2 gets "killed"... this is where Batman gets really creepy), and The Killing Joke (Joker's origin story).

Green Lantern: Emerald Dawn, Emerald Twilight, A New Dawn (stop reading any comic that makes references to Kyle Rayner afterwords, else you will stab yourself in the eye), Road Back, Final Night, Brother's Keeper (the ONLY good arc that involves Rayner), and Green Lantern/Green Arrow.