A&P My website

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Mr. VB, Sep 14, 2002.

1. Mr. VB

Mr. VB Guest

2. SpecV_Jim

SpecV_Jim Guest

ok, here we go........................

Since you offer up email, provide a link to let people email you.

The pic of you seemed dark to me. (bio)

I think your visited link color is white - eeek. Once I clicked any of the links on your main page, they 'disappeared'.

Put the gallery pictures inside their own pages. More work, but you could then add some navigation to flow from one picture to the next.

Display what gallery you are in.

The pics were nice! Keep up the good work.

3. Mr. VB

Mr. VB Guest

Thanks SpecV_Jim. When you see my main page, what color is the background? Is it white? The color I have set for it is suppose to be a light almond brown color? Anyways thanks for the tips. I will see if I can work them into the design.
  4. SpecV_Jim

SpecV_Jim Guest

It's a white background for me. I'm running 16-bit colour btw.

I just realized I didn't even see the 2 links on either side of the 'Bio' link at the top. Dark on dark is tough to pull off.

Even if the background was light almond, the white (visited) links would be difficult to see.

Hope this helps
  5. Mr. VB

Mr. VB Guest

You bet it helps, I've got to remeber that everyone is not running the same color or screen settings as I am.

6. ancientpc

ancientpc Guest

Black text in the dark maroon top toolbar does not stand out very well. You may want to rethink your color scheme.

Visited link is white for me as well.

<style type="text/css">
      body { color: black; background:CC9966; marging-left: 10%; margin-right: 2%; }
      p {font-family: Verdana, sans-serif; font-size: 8pt;}
      h1 {font:27pt Lucida Console; color:white;}
      h2 {font:11pt Lucida Console; color:black;}
      h3 {font:10pt Lucida Console; color:black;}	
      :link { color: black}
      :visited { color:white } 
      :active { color: 000000) } 
      :hover { color: 993333} 
    Your CSS code isn't working, remember to add the # in front of all the color codes.
  7. Mr. VB

Mr. VB Guest

Thanks for pointing that out ancientpc, didn't realize that I failed to put the # in front of the color code. Just to gather some information, are you running at 16bit color as well?
  8. ancientpc

ancientpc Guest

I'm running 32-bit.
  9. jinushaun

jinushaun New Member

Feb 6, 2002
    Frames? :ugh: I'm not as against frames as some people, but in this case, it's no good. :down: I agree, give the photo gallery their own page, instead of that small space at the bottom.

Your visited links are white... :ugh: :down: As SpecV_Jim pointed out, they 'disappear.' I'm running 32-bit. The background is white, and the visited links are white. The black links in the header aren't good. I didn't know they were there until ancientpc mentioned it. :o

As for the layout, boring and plain. The Jamal's gallery logo sticks out. (I think you meant for the background to be brown as well). You need better navigation. I don't like dropdowns that much.

I like the fact that all your thumbnails are the same size. :bigthumb:

I have to say, very nice photos. :bigthumb:
  10. Mr. VB

Mr. VB Guest

Once again thanks to everyone for their honesty. I can only get better through positive critisim. jinushaun, I guess I should stick to making thumbnails ;) I'm going to do a total overhaul and see if I can come up with something better. Does anybody here have personal websites that I could look at to get an idea as to what a respectable website looks like.
  11. slapey

slapey Guest

I am not sure if this is respectable or not but mine is www.slapey.com

Hope that helps

12. SpecV_Jim

SpecV_Jim Guest

Does anybody here have personal websites that I could look at to get an idea as to what a respectable website looks like.

Well.............what's good for the goose as they say.

13. Mr. VB

Mr. VB Guest

Thanks for the input guys, I really appreciate it.:bigthumb:
  14. ancientpc

ancientpc Guest

15. slapey

slapey Guest

Dance Dance revolution :bigthumb: