my webpages- need constructive criticism

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by eof, Jul 15, 2003.

1. eof

eof New Member

http://www.brewhaha.org
    ^just a site to fuck around and post stuff. Made that phpnuke theme myself (yeah I know...phpnuke = :greddy:)

Some of the content is OT inspired which I feel is maybe just a little bit :greddy: too but still it is hard to find new shit and most of the people that read my site are lame and don't see new shit.... :dunno:

http://www.c-maxwell.net
    ^just a simple home with my contact / resume and stuff....

Comments / Suggestions are welcome

|eb_CRX :o

2. Leb_CRX

Leb_CRX OT's resident terrorist

|eb_CRX I just want to tell you that I have a crush on you, you are a sexy sexy sexy beast

3. eof

eof New Member

|eb_CRX I pheer you and your leet fake XML menu systems

|eb_CRX

4. Leb_CRX

Leb_CRX OT's resident terrorist

phear me for I am a great fagsor

|eb_CRX

5. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

Actually, they both look really good to me, I can't really see anything I would change (I didn't go through it with a fine-tooth comb or anything, but on general impression).

6. eof

eof New Member

:rofl:

|eb_CRX wanna be

7. eof

eof New Member

Thanks....I don't think that either site is even close to being 100% HTML / XHTML complient.... :hs:

That is a problem with rushing things and using phpnuke I guess, I might make c-maxwell.net 100% HTML complient one of these days since the link is included in most of the versions of my resume... :dunno:

8. ancientpc

ancientpc Guest

brewhaha.org -
    I don't like the color scheme (but that may be just me) or the bubbly background (don't like the black text on yellow bubbly background mix).

Splash page is unnecessary (at least you didn't use some cheesy Flash movie).

I've used that font myself for a few projects, to me it has a more techy attached stigma which doesn't work well with a general random stuff site (reminds of albinoblacksheep).

Main page doesn't fit browser window, I have to scroll sideways (which is annoying), but that's probably because of dog in microwave image + cool pic image (unnecessary, make it into a small icon).

It's PHP Nuke . . . as well. :p

What I like about it? Well, there's nothing kill me now about it.

c-maxwell.ent -
    Simple, plain, easy to navigate. Design could use work but there's nothing bad about it.

You seem to have a good amount of programming background, perhaps you could put together a portfolio on your site.

I know my criticsms don't seem too great, but I browse a couple graphic / web design forums and I see a lot of "Wow!" sites so it kind of makes everything else seem pale in comparison.

Edit: In your resume you listed you knew PHP. Perhaps you could redesign brewhaha.org and write your own scripts / backend instead of using a prepackaged version. That's my concept towards www.atxpreludes.com which I'm working on right now.

9. eof

eof New Member

Wow...thanks for taking the time to look through everything...:bigthumb:

Yeah...I don't really show people my brewhaha.org one except friends and they are pretty easily impressed. It works ok as a simple community page....I don't really want to spend the time to make a php site that would do the things that a simple phpnuke install will do...call me lazy but that would be a shitload of work.

As far as putting a portfolio section on my c-maxwell.net...that is a great idea...:)

On it like white on rice....thanks again

Your site looks good....the random car pics on the top are :cool: and the color scheme is really nice. Really like how the content frames share a common background. Sweet titties

|eb_CRX

10. eof

eof New Member

I just changed my http://www.c-maxwell.net/

now it is kinda a apple type theme....i am not sold on it yet and might go back to the old setup.

Apple themes are a little over played...:dunno:

11. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

Yea, Apple themes are way overplayed these days.