COMIC My views on Iron man have changed recently

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Nader_D, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Nader_D

Nader_D HAHAHEHHUH ---- POOOHhHhHHCHhh! OT Supporter

My real first injection of iron man was Civil War, so pretty much i hated Iron Man from day 1.

However, a change has come to me. Yesterday I decided to begin reading The Ultimates....

:bowdown: Iron Man...is well the man! drinks like a fish, is funny as all hell and still gets beat up quite a bit!

I have found a new love for Iron in the ultimates line. I hope The Ultimates 2 keeps me entertained like 1 did...adn the same goes for Ultimates 3 that im picking up

2. void

void oh yeah?

do not pick up ultimates 3. Tony is drunk for 2 panels and does nothing but bitch. God that book is terrible. And I'm not ultimates hater, ultimates 1 & 2 are two of my favorite arcs ever. Such a shame.

3. Crunks

Crunks Active Member

Ultimates 2 is even better than Ultimates 1.

4. Tikiman

Tikiman The Internet has left me in despair.

The Ultimate Iron Man mini was pretty damn good as well. But it features a little kid Tony Stark and not the drunken bastard we have come to love. It does feature his first taste of the booze, however.

5. Nader_D

i havent started to read ultimates 3 yet. definately wanted to read 1 & 2 first.

like i said 1 was awesome. it exposed me to a bunch of characters i never really cared for (Iron Man, Black Bolt, Wasp, Dr Pym)

so far im on issue 3 in the ultimates 2 run. I see dr pym's beginning as Ant-Man, banner gonna get his head chopped off, cap is a very pissed off man, fury is tricky as usual.

stay tuned folks!

6. Draven2575

Draven2575 Taking one responsibility at a time

i use to like iron man, but civil changed that
    (i'll still see the movie)
    ultimate iron man is badass, but ultimates (3) sucks

7. showtime2k4

showtime2k4 New Member

this sounds very familiar...

i couldnt stand the avengers growing up, really if wasnt x-men, spidey, or batman i wasnt reading it.

but the ultimates universe has really opened up my eyes to whole marvel uni. the CW series was pretty good, but to be honest i havent finished the whole thing. but iron man is hands down one of the biggest surprises for me

8. THE LIOG

THE LIOG EVVVVVVVVEERRYYOONNNNNNNE EEEEE

i haven't liked iron man since the exiles issue where tony stark had killed everyone and taken over the world

since then i figured he was pretty shadey

9. Mr Coffee

Mr Coffee New Member

If you liked the Ultimate Iron Man, read the first issue of Ultimate Human. A really nice set-up for the mini. Really liked it.

I guess a lot of people might not buy into Tony Stark but he's such a multi-faceted character that a lot of people don't understand his complexity. I have a hate/love relationship. He's such a character, and he's done such great work, but he's also flawed and human.

10. void

void oh yeah?

the ultimate human mini is actually pretty good, i thought i was going to hate it.

11. Nader_D

Definatley have that on my sub :hs:

I want to read all the stuff before hand so i know whats going on, or at least know a little bit of whats going on :rofl:

You pretty much summed up how i feel about him right now. at least in my views he adds some pretty good humour into the ultimates. for me, i like to take injections of certain super heros, as this type of comic isnt my favorite :o