My V-Day gift for my girlfriend might backfire on me

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Ford4Life, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

Background : Been dating same girl for over 3 years, very serious relationship, probably going to propose this year.

About a month ago my girlfriend spotted a used red 2005 BMW Z4 at the local dealer that she really wanted. She test drove it but in the end she couldn't afford the payments. She's been scraping since then for down payment money to make it more affordable. Her current car is a piece of shit that I'm not thrilled about her driving, it breaks down too often. I got a raise + bonus check last week at work, so I bought the car for her Friday afternoon and it's currently sitting in my garage. Here's the problem, she went to the dealer yesterday (day after I bought the damn thing) to look at it again and they informed her it sold. She got pretty down, she really wants the car, and she calls me today all depressed and emotional. V-day is still a couple weeks off, so I'm sure how much longer I can string this out.

Here was the plan, she's leaving work on V-day around noon and was coming to my place. I was going to have a single red rose, with the key tied to it, and a note that says look in the garage. I was going to be standing in there with the car when she comes in. I know it's a big show, that's my personality, so shut up. :hsd:

So, what should I do? Give it to her now, or keep trying to string her along until V-day? If she starts looking at other cars I fucked I think, I'd probably have to give it to her early. I'm not sure what I can do to keep this going for a few more weeks. :o

2. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

You seriously bought her a car? Did you pay it off completely for her or will she have to make payments?

3. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

Yes I bought her a car. I wrote a check for it, part of my bonus, so she won't be making any payments.

4. sportsjunkie

sportsjunkie OT Supporter

what the hell? :rofl:

that's a damn good gift....give it to her now!!
    like you said, she may be looking at other cars now and she may see another car she'll like and completely forget about the BMW

again, that's a damn good gift

5. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

And it's in her name? :eek3:

I'm jealous :o :bowdown: Give her the car now! Don't make her suffer through the next couple of weeks (and possibly find another car to buy in the meantime :noes: ).

Plan a nice romantic dinner for her TONIGHT! :)

6. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

It's in my name for now. Dealer wouldn't put the paperwork in her name since she wasn't present at the time of sale and we weren't married. I'm going to transfer it to her after I give it to her. All I gotta do is the sign the title and put a sale amount of $1, already checked with the DMV.

If I give it to her now then I won't have anything to give her on v-day. This purchased pretty much maxed out that holiday budget. :hsugh:

7. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Call and ask her if she wants to do Valentines early because you know she's a little bummed right now, and then just maybe go out for dinner on Valentines Day?

8. islanderman7

islanderman7 New Member

personally i would wait till im married to buy a girl that kinda of gift. but damn! thats one really nice gift.

try to wait till V-day, if you cant, oh well. have her friends or her parents persuade her not to buy a car by making up some BS excuse.

9. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

We've been talking about marriage a lot the last month or so, that's part of the reason I decided to do this. I'm ready to settle down, and I plan to ask her to marry me very soon.

Her friends are loudmouths, if I told them she'd know 5 minutes later.

10. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

I'm cooking dinner on v-day, we usually don't go out. It's sort of our tradition I cook for her on that day.

11. pigeon

pigeon wasabi

give it to her now. cooking dinner on v-day will be fine - it's incredibly sweet that you are giving her a car. i'm sure she won't mind getting such an incredible gift a few weeks early. ;) i think it would still be fine to do what you were going to do originally - it might even be more romantic since it's more of a surprise than a v-day gift, you know?
    let us know what happens

12. Carpet Liquor

Carpet Liquor New Member

What's with all the "give it to her now" crap? String it along. You can doo eeet!

Seriously, Giving it to her early will not get the reaction you want. Yes she will be really happy, that she has teh car, but after a couple weeks of desperation, and looking at other cars that just don't measure up, she will be elated, yeah she'll then be "pissed" at you for buying it and hiding it from her, but in a playful sense.

I'd only go as early as the weekend before V-day, not this early, hell it's not even February yet, and V-day is the middle of February.

If she does find another car that she will settle for, take it to a mehcanic and have him "find" a bunch of stuff wrong with it. ;)

This may be just a stretch, but can be doable.

13. Stylerod

Stylerod 150mph in a swimsuit :eek3:

I'd say play it by ear. I'm guessing you two are close enough where she isn't just going to go out and buy a car all the sudden without you knowing, right? If she starts to get REALLY serious about another car then you can give it to her early. Otherwise just wait it out for as long as possible.

14. Two toys

Two toys New Member

I've got two questions, what do you do? and how can i do it?

15. Iced

Iced New Member

Thats so sweet if you ask me :)

16. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

I'm going to try and wait as long as I can. I think it's too early too, so I'll just play it by ear I guess and see how it goes.

I'll know if she finds something else. All she talked to me about for 3 straight weeks was this damn car and how she was going for it. Hopefully she doesn't find anything between now and v-day, if she does my plan is fucked.

17. MR. Marti

MR. Marti New Member

wow you are going to get some amazing ass. hahaha

that's real cool. i would really do anything you could to wait for v-day. it will make it just a little more special.

18. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

I'm a cost analyst for a major chemical manufacturer. I assign the company cost for every material we make at every North American facility. The last few months I have been revaluing inventory for fiscal year end and I've saved the company about $14 million so far, so I got a nice fat ass bonus plus a raise. Go me. :wiggle:

19. Xtreme2k2

Xtreme2k2 GTI Crew ಠ_ಠ OT Supporter

:bigthumb:

20. The Secretary

The Secretary My domestic skills will rock your socks off!

You sir are the man. Sure you dont need a second gf? I could go for a bmw. I kid kid, I have a lovely bf that gets me great presents. Good job for just writing a check for it. Good luck with the proposal.

BTW, milk this thing for all its worth. I wouldnt tell. But be listening really careful for a car buying spree by her.

21. MR. Marti

MR. Marti New Member

where are you located? i drove by a house in my neighborhood with a red Z4 in the garage. lol

22. Stylerod

Stylerod 150mph in a swimsuit :eek3:

Na, if she does, you get thank you sex just a little bit earlier then expected ;)

23. LBFilmGuy

LBFilmGuy LOL why u mad tho?

damn dude, mad fucking props :bowdown:

I say definitely try and wait until valentine's day if it's possible...like already said by then she will be totally frustrated and at a point where she would really go crazy once u show her the key :cool:

24. mrchina

mrchina Guest

Don't give her the car yet. Tell her you and her will do research and such because the car industry is full of crooks. Tell her you want to go with her and everything. String her along. Like others said... she would love it now, but she's going to go crazy on V-day when you give it to her.

Or you can just put your Your Dick in a Box on V-day... YouTube Link, sooo worth the watch

25. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

New plan!

Part of the story I didn't include is the fact my girlfriends mother is dying. She has terminal breast cancer and she has about 6-8 months left. Because of this, my girlfriend has pretty much left work to spend time with her. She lives in a rented condo that is about an hour away from her parents, I live in a in house in the burbs that is about 25 minutes from her parents. So, she stays here a lot, and comes and goes during the day when I'm not here since she has a key. So, I obviously can't leave the car in the garage. She'd notice when she can't get into the garage and it has a giant padlock on it. :mamoru: That's why I was worried about strining this thing out for 2 more weeks. I called her dad tonight, he's going to help me steer her clear of looking at other cars so I can pull this off. I'm moving the car tonight to my brothers house where it will stay until v-day.

But, another issue came up. It seems my girlfriend told her mom she hopes I propose before her mom passes away, she wants her mom to know she's going to be getting married I guess. She also told her mom if I did it early enough she would like a small wedding at their family home so her mom can attend. Her dad and I are pretty close, I don't think he's jerking my chain about this. I'm kind of old fashioned so I'm having lunch with her dad tomorrow to formally ask for her hand in marriage. So, it looks like I'm ring shopping this week, guess I'll be asking the question this coming weekend. The odd part is I'm not nervous at all. :noes:

Good thing I'm getting another bonus in April, this one is going to be fuggin gone!