My Unconventional Workout & question about protein shakes

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Divided Sky, Jun 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Divided Sky

Divided Sky New Member

My daily workout consists of 45mins-1hr30mins of yoga a day, ~20 pull ups a day (i have a pull up bar on my door, i just do it whenever i walk in and out), and several dumbell reps (i have them on my desk and I just do it whenever i can throughout the day)

the idea behind the dumbell and pull up bar is the accessibility. i know if i go to the gym ill start getting lazy and stop going, but with these right next to me i do em all the time. is this worthwhile at all or just worthless?

also is it worthwhile taking protein shakes with creatine or is that only efficacious for serious regimented workouts? i figure if im doing yog and lifting a lil throughout the day i minus whale drink some and get a lil boost.

2. Divided Sky

Divided Sky New Member

i originally started doing pullups and doing the dumbells to regain the strength i lost from being in a cast (ski accident, broke wrist badly). and ive been doing yoga regardless for a while now (mental health, physical well-being, vitality, be toned and overall healthy).

ive got most of my original strength back but I'll prolly keep working out until i go to nepal in august 5th (which is why im not going to join a gym, since ill be here for only a month and a half more)

basically, i just want to get the most out of what im doing. im just looking for anything that comes to your minds about any of this

3. Divided Sky

Divided Sky New Member

oh werd, didnt know you were boulder crew :h5: :cool:

4. Jsweet

Jsweet Ouch, denied.

Yoga and pullups, I hope you're a woman :o

There was an article on T-Nation a bit back that knocked yoga because it actually has a negative effect on your stability when lifting, because it allows you to stretch and flex muscles you normally aren't supposed to.

5. Divided Sky

Divided Sky New Member

:o sounds like thats for real broly heavy lifters, is it not?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.