SRS My uncle tried to kill himself today.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by LudaMan, Nov 15, 2006.

1. LudaMan

LudaMan New Member

So my mom gets home with groceries today, and she was completely white when I went out to help her. She said that my aunt walked in on him choking down a bunch of pills and that she was on her way to the hospital. Everyones ok now, including my uncle. I guess I just dont know how to feel. I was never really ALL that close to him, but seeing mom and Grandma go through that really bothered me.

Not to mention, I was supposed to be at my girlfriends tonight, but I didn't go because I was at Grandmas house making sure everything is ok. She's now mad at me that I didnt call her when she was at work and let her know. Now tomorrow we have to "talk", which means shes probably going to break up with me, but if shes thinks this is about her, good riddance. Im not fucking CNN, I don't have a news ticker. Anyway, I'm just venting and thanks for reading.

2. Capt. Hammer

Capt. Hammer PM me for rates on express consent. OT Supporter

Damn dude, I wonder why he did that... has he been acting different lately?

I really hope he survives and gets an opportunity to take this close call to realize the importance of spending time with your family and making memories until you die, not ending it whenever you feel like it.

3. civicmon

civicmon got all my game from the streets of california.

fuck your girlfriend... there are more important things in life than calling her selfish ass.

anything seriously wrong in your uncles life to cause this?

4. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

Wow....that's a fucked up g/f if you ask me. I srsly don't understand why some people immediatly think....hmmm...how does this affect me?? WTF?? She should be supportive of your family, not making demands and shit like that.

Sorry to hear about your uncle. :hug: It's very likely that he's in a great deal of emotional pain and doesn't want to talk about it to anyone. However, he should seek help because if he failed to kill himself this time, he may try again...especially without help.

But there is hope...I've been very suicidal at various times in my life and have worked to pull myself through and I got help from a lot of different people. Without them, I wouldn't be here today. And....your uncle can go on to live a very nice, healthy life....but it doesn't just happen by accident. It takes work....some people just don't want to do that work....like my brother. I can assure you that if I had a second chance to reach out to him, I would do everything I could to help him. I simply had no idea he was that upset.

It's also likely that your mom will be on an emotional roller coaster for awhile. Try not to take it tooo personally....it's likely this will scare the shit out of her and people react if very goofy ways when they get scared. Hang in there....you're family is in my prayers.

5. LudaMan

LudaMan New Member

Hey, this is a late response to everyone, but thanks for the replies. Uncle's doin ok, hes seeing a psychiatrist, mom and grandma are ok now, and the girlfriend sincerely apologized. But I do appreciate the replies! :wavey: